Author Topic: Dot or comma in Max 2017?  (Read 7323 times)

2016-06-08, 17:31:59

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, I need help. :)

My Max 2017 is behaving strange. My UI uses commas ( , ) but I need to type dots ( . ) if I want to change any value.

Here is an example:

Displayed in Max UI: 0,1
I want to change this to 0,2 so I type: 0,2 and press enter/tab - but then Max reverts it to 0,1 as if the value was incorrect.
Ok... so I type 0.2 - and voila.... it accepts the value and changes to 0,2 - yes, with a comma!

Anyone else experienced something similar? It's not Corona-related. Happens everywhere. I also checked region and language settings in Windows but it's fine (comma is used as decimal symbol).

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-06-08, 18:08:30
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Anyone else experienced something similar?

We had this periodically for years (omitted Max2013+15) until the shift to Max 2016 - no problem with this right now. And it was almost every time the fist max session after login we started. Following sessions worked as usual. But even then out of the middle of nowhere dot and comma changed. Switching windows standard language to English and back (to German) didnĀ“t helped.

If we meet this again with Max2017 (in a year or so, after SP3 ;) I go crazy.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-06-08, 18:19:32
Reply #2

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
I had this behavior:

Everything was ok. I use the "point" in the right, small pad of the keyboard and 3ds Max writes "."
But, sometime, without any good reason, when I pressed the "point" key, 3ds Max wrote ","!!!

But, I discovered that I had two Italian keyboard:

(*) Itaiano
(*) Italiano (142)

With Italian 142 overthink is wrong.
So, check your Windows setting.

2016-06-08, 18:27:16
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
can you check if it happens also when you uninstall Corona? 3dsmax 2017 started doing some really... unpleasant stuff regarding the system locale. It seems wxWidgets cannot deal with that. I just forced it back, and so far it seemed it worked. So this one could be in theory caused by Corona
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-06-08, 18:56:57
Reply #4

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same for me, can't use 2017 at all. It's a general 2017 problem from what it seems as the entire has been 'upgraded', it's being investigated as far as I know. Fingers crossed it's not going to take long.

2016-06-08, 19:08:31
Reply #5

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I forgot to mention this, anyone affected by this should really submit a defect through the bug submission form in Max. It really helps to get this up on the bug list. It's a showstopper for those who are affected and needs to be communicated.

2016-06-09, 15:42:24
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
can you check if it happens also when you uninstall Corona? 3dsmax 2017 started doing some really... unpleasant stuff regarding the system locale. It seems wxWidgets cannot deal with that. I just forced it back, and so far it seemed it worked. So this one could be in theory caused by Corona
Yup, problem disappears after uninstalling Corona. :/
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-06-09, 16:21:17
Reply #7

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm puzzled to see that a plugin can mess up the entire UI in Max... Thanks for the info Maru, will have to test tomorrow and let you know.

2016-06-10, 12:53:00
Reply #8

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maru, thanks for testing this, it's indeed a problem with Corona in Max 2017.
I just posted a more detailed thread in the bug report section:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,12283.0.html

We need a fix for this asap!

2016-07-16, 18:49:48
Reply #9

darstellungsart.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • darstellugnsart. homepage
Should be definately a hotfix. It was pure coincidence that i found this thread.....i thought it it's autodesks fault :)