Author Topic: Error in .conf file. Corona 1.5. Crash 3Dmax after Corona 1.5 install.  (Read 25640 times)

2016-10-13, 17:39:12
Reply #15

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
By no means my post was meant to be solution to your problem. I just expressed my attitude towards Microsoft products. Sorry for misunderstanding.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-10-13, 18:12:40
Reply #16

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Could you please send us the problematic .conf files for debugging? Either via the private uploader (https://corona-renderer.com/upload/) or create a bug report on Mantis and attach the files there.

And.. why not to store these files here: C:\Program Files\Corona  :) ?

If we did this, you would need to run 3ds Max with administrator privileges to be able to modify Corona global system settings. Also when the computer is shared by more users, each one can have his own custom global settings this way.

2016-10-13, 18:18:50
Reply #17

Yehat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It is not a problem to run any program as administrator. It is easy. It will be good!
And sometimes it is a only way to run a program correctly.

Romullus, no problem )) Im just try to explain in detail the situation and find a solution, wich good for all. I agree with you about Microsoft.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-13, 18:24:19 by Yehat »

2016-10-13, 19:26:42
Reply #18

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
And, for example, if Corona will use this path: "C:\Program Files\Corona"
instead of this (which can changed from user to user):
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\corona
is will be the solution.

This is exactly one of the reasons why we use "useUserProfiles=0" in "InstallSettings.ini" of the  Max installation directory since the time when max started to use user profile subfolders. If you set this, above directory points to the corresponding directory in the max installation folder - the same directory for every user. It´s a very unknown feature and makes max behave like very early versions :)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-10-14, 11:11:52
Reply #19

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Update: this is already solved in the newest daily builds: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-daily-builds

Looks like we have a solution, but this will probably need a hotfix.

If you are getting this message, go to:
C:\Users\_username_\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2017 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\corona

There, find a file named like Config-4885458.conf (the numbers can be different).

In this file you should see a line saying:
Code: [Select]
String system.workingDirectory      = "C:\\Users\\xxxxxxxxx"
Make sure that the line ends with quotation marks ( " ).

So if it is:
String system.workingDirectory      = "C:\\Users\\
Then change it to:
String system.workingDirectory      = "C:\\Users\\"
Let me know in this thread if it works, and also if it works after restarting the PC. If it does, we will add it to helpdesk solutions, and I will file a report on Mantis.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-31, 09:48:29 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-10-14, 11:31:30
Reply #20

Yehat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It works! Even after restart PC. Thank you so much!

2016-10-18, 09:53:59
Reply #21

Yehat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I found the same problem in SystemSettings.conf
This file is also necessary to fix by the same way, if the error continues to appear.

2016-10-20, 15:47:47
Reply #22

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Then... another bug. I created one more new user with only latin characters. Try to install Corona and got the crash! (screenshot)
If I switch то integrated system account "Администратор", i can install Corona without problems. But in this way i get the same message about Error in .conf file.

I must admit that one semester of Russian (taken a long time ago) is not enough for me to read this error message. Could you please translate or just sum up what's that about?

2016-10-20, 22:12:25
Reply #23

Yehat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I fixed the problem with crash. It was 3dmax bug. Deleting 3dmax.ini will fix it.

2016-10-24, 09:42:29
Reply #24

Avan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It doesn't help at all. After editing "Config-4885458.conf" the sigh has not appeared. In the version 1.5.1 it all returned back :(

2016-10-24, 13:24:29
Reply #25

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
we will release a fix for this in daily builds soon (probably tomorrow)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-10-26, 23:52:55
Reply #26

Avan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've just installed new daily, delete  SystemSettings.conf, run 3dmax and it is running smooth. Thank you, The Creator :)

2016-11-15, 14:57:09
Reply #27

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
fixed in hotfix
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)