Author Topic: Animation test - Flickering  (Read 674 times)

2017-01-11, 13:09:14

Jireh3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I've done a few tests for object animation, but i get lots of flickering...
No idea how i can fix this, so any help would be much appreciated.

I've tried the following:
1. Render this sample with GI set to: Path Tracing & UHD Cache, UhD Precision on 1 (Animation flicker-free preset)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vocu1xtjg9ditee/1.mov?dl=0

2. Render this sample with GI set to: Path Tracing & UHD Cache, UhD Precision on the max of 20 (Animation flicker-free preset)
same as above - no difference

3. Render this sample with GI set to: Path Tracing & Path Tracing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f86nsbk4kctqkap/3.mov?dl=0

Pass limit 50 - Not sure by increasing it, it will make it better...

Thank you
Jireh3D

2017-01-11, 13:25:00
Reply #1

ed.lefler

• Users
    • View Profile
Did you set this to animation?
upd: ah sorry, I see now you mentioned this particular option
It looks like most flickering happens on highlights, did you try to increase highlight compression and see if its gone?
« Last Edit: 2017-01-11, 13:36:36 by ed.lefler »

2017-01-11, 14:29:08
Reply #2

Jireh3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-01-12, 07:26:57
Reply #3

Jireh3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok i tried highlight compression with the lowest & highest setting with no luck...

Keeps flickering....

2017-01-12, 14:56:02
Reply #4

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
did you try highlight clamping? its located in rendersettings -> vfb settings -> image filter

maybe you could provide your scene, i wasnt able to reproduce your flickering with my foliage objects/materials *gg*

2017-01-13, 13:06:13
Reply #5

Jireh3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi hog0, ok will give it a try. What do you think is a good setting for Highlight clamping? I'll also test.

You mean sharing the settings without the foliage?

2017-01-13, 14:02:27
Reply #6

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
no i mean, you could upload the scene somewhere, so more ppl could give it a shot and try to figure it out :)

about the clamping - i dont really have an idea.. guess you would have to try values.. maybe start with a ~10frame (lower render time) animation somewhere so you can check if there is a flickering and if yes, clamp with value of 4 maybe, if nothing changes clamp it extreme with 1.. if thats over the top go back to 2ish? .. you will figure it out i guess :)

also check this out as an example..
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000006462-what-is-highlight-clamping-
there are lots of tutorials on the web about highlight clamping, but until YOU play around with it, you wont really understand what it does :)

2017-01-13, 14:28:07
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The flickering visible in the animation has nothing to do with UHD Cache - it is the reflection of the sun randomly picked up by the foliage material. There are some common ways to fix this:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000529356-i-can-see-bright-pixels-in-grass-
Using highlight clamping is also a good idea, but remember that it will clamp your output, so you will always lose some color depth.

By the way, it makes no sense to use UHD Cache in an exterior/studio scene like this. I would recommend PT+PT.
Also, which version of Corona are you using?

Corona jest fajna? Grupa Corona Renderer Polska na Facebooku / Corona Renderer Helpdesk Portal

2017-01-23, 11:23:27
Reply #8

Jireh3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for the late reply guys.

hog0, i will have to make something else as the client wont be happy if i share his project.

Ok cool, thx for sharing will check it out.

Maru, thank you, will definitely have a look & try PT + PT