Author Topic: lots and lots of vegetation  (Read 6324 times)

2014-09-11, 03:24:56

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, here some tests on a mac pro 2014 3.7 ghz, 12 gigs of ram on windows 8 for a comercial proyect, the client wants this as its show, lots of trees and vegetation, c&c welcome.

edir: some updated views, c&c welcome
« Last Edit: 2014-09-15, 16:00:22 by KOGODIS »

2014-09-11, 08:45:10
Reply #1

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Nice project! :) Can we get some rendertimes/passes?
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2014-09-11, 09:18:24
Reply #2

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Good vegetation. The 3D models seem quite good. Where is this located?

2014-09-11, 12:25:01
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Nice renders! Just a thought: I would add the camera correction modifier, some objects look like they are about to collaaaapse.

btw, mac pro with win8 :D
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-09-11, 12:29:41
Reply #4

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
btw, mac pro with win8 :D

Probably a boot camp installation. Like 50% business oriented Mac users have dual-boot, me included (mac pro at work).
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2014-09-11, 16:31:45
Reply #5

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks to all, here are some raw images, about the mac pro, it works like a charm, few energy consumption, not too expensive and give us the flexibility to have mac and windows, about the camera correction we thought so but the client likes it nor natural he says, some other images have it, ill post them later.
The 3d models are most of them evermotio but we have to tweak them a lot to achive more natural look, the originals got too much saturated or bumped
The render times are most of them 6 to 8 hours depend of the view, more closer view more render time, the park was one ot the fastest as incredible as its sounds but is the one that have to be rendered on one machine with 64 gigas of ram, the 16 gigas machines cnat handle that, took about 5 hours just to parsing the scene.
Have to say that more of the forest objects dont look like we wanted to because some refraction problems with forest and corona so we have to eliminate that effect on most of them.

2014-09-11, 17:17:51
Reply #6

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
The render times are most of them 6 to 8 hours depend of the view, more closer view more render time, the park was one ot the fastest as incredible as its sounds but is the one that have to be rendered on one machine with 64 gigas of ram, the 16 gigas machines cnat handle that, took about 5 hours just to parsing the scene.

I have the same problem with parsing my scenes. And like you I have loads of vegetation.

2014-09-11, 18:21:10
Reply #7

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
Hi....nice renders...good vegetation.

2014-09-12, 08:37:55
Reply #8

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice vegetation, but i think night view require some post work to be done or aditional lights to be placed on in the close range.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2014-09-12, 12:00:38
Reply #9

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree with you nekrobul but the client want the building to appear more important than the enviroment, maybe later i will make one for my self and share it.