Author Topic: dubcats secret little hideout  (Read 85854 times)

2019-05-08, 21:04:36
Reply #405

tegokg

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much Sir.

Best regards JT

2019-05-09, 17:01:36
Reply #406

jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

and this is how you can emulate fStorms "Angle Affect" option in Corona

Can anyone explain this shader tree?
There seems to be no detail in this thread about what the corona colour node marked 1.8 is.
Ive tried to recreate this and that colour seems to do absolutely nothing.

2019-05-10, 11:44:09
Reply #407

niljut

• Users
    • View Profile

There seems to be no detail in this thread about what the corona colour node marked 1.8 is.
To quote myself two posts ago:
I am fairly certain the CoronaColor is set to Solid HDR Color with 1.8 in R, G, and B, making the CoronaMix multiply your original glossiness values by 1.8x. This would make values above 141 go beyond 255, so the output has clamp enabled to bring those values down to 255.

The shader amplifies the glossiness at gracing angles, and yes it's subtle (most of the time).

2019-05-10, 12:39:09
Reply #408

jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

To quote myself two posts ago:
I am fairly certain the CoronaColor is set to Solid HDR Color with 1.8 in R, G, and B, making the CoronaMix multiply your original glossiness values by 1.8x. This would make values above 141 go beyond 255, so the output has clamp enabled to bring those values down to 255.

The shader amplifies the glossiness at gracing angles, and yes it's subtle (most of the time).

Makes perfect sense i was missing the HDR colour bit.
Thank you!

2019-05-11, 05:41:33
Reply #409

JViz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi dubcat! how do we get correct IOR values when we do not have a scanned glossiness texture to use it with a LUT? can we use the normal texture with a LUT?

2019-05-22, 12:01:50
Reply #410

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
dubcat, man, you'll have a lot of questions to answer next time you login. Here's one more from me :]

Lately there's a lot CC0 PBR textures floating around. Some are better, some are worse and some are rubbish, but almost all of them has height/displacement maps with arbitrary set midpoint grey (usually much darker). I found that pretty inconvenient, so i decided to fix them for myself. After few quick tests, i found that best results is achieved in photoshop by placing solid colour filter on top height texture and setting its blending mode to linear light or linear burn to lighten or to darken map respectively. Does that sounds correct to you? Do you also correct height maps or just adjust min/max displacement levels in Corona?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.