Author Topic: batch render / VFB  (Read 1366 times)

2017-06-20, 17:03:47

lef

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello everyone !
I want to batch render about ten cameras for an interior scene ! (3ds max)
the issue is that every camera have it's own settings depending the windows , artificial lights etc
so, this is my question , who can I render overnight the scenes ? can I at least save separate VFBs to make the minor adjustments the next day (when I 'll return to the office ?)

thanks in advance !   

2017-06-21, 08:23:58
Reply #1

lef

• Active Users
    • View Profile
anyone ?? :/

2017-06-21, 08:53:15
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I think you got no answers because the question is a bit unclear. Basically these are your options:

• Setup Backburner and submit every cam as a job
  • Use batch rendering combined with scene states (scene states were buggy/unpredictable/hard to handle when introduced in max so I never really used it in depth, maybe that changed meanwhile)
  • Animate everything  that changes from shot to shot ("emulate" scene states) so that you have shot 1 at frame 10, shot 2 at frame 20 etc. and submit all "frames" at once (works only if render output size is allways the same)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-06-21, 09:12:30
Reply #3

lef

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks for the reply Frood !

2017-06-21, 14:07:26
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
can I at least save separate VFBs to make the minor adjustments the next day (when I 'll return to the office ?)
This sounds like a use case for Corona Image Editor. You can save your renders in CXR format, and then load them into CIE: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000030886

2017-06-21, 15:44:47
Reply #5

Kilja

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
You can even save the configurations of the VFB for each camera in the CIE (corona image editor), so maybe render a small image today, tweak it, safe the config files, render overnight and load the config files next day.
Or just tweak everything in the images in the VFB the next day.