Author Topic: HDRI Peter Guthrie  (Read 622 times)

2019-04-16, 17:22:29

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
has anybody ever used or is using Peter Guthrie's hdri in C4d and Corona?
I have problems with the setup of a hdri and I cannot understand if it is better to intervene on the intensity, on the exposure or only by changing the parameters of the camera (iso, ss, and f-stop)
Thanks in advance

Andrea

2019-04-17, 13:57:18
Reply #1

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My understanding is that the HDRI/sky can be left at its default, and the desired exposure should be set in Exposure (Corona post precessing).
I'm happy to be corrected if that isn't the case.

2019-04-17, 14:46:30
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If HDRI is the only or at least dominant light source in your scene, then it doesn't really matter wether you'll adjust its multiplier or global exposure, both methods will give you the same result. However, if you have other lights in the scene and they are set to physically plausible intensity, then you should adjust HDRI output to match rest of the scene.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.

2019-04-17, 16:46:31
Reply #3

Ealexander

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • evan alexander
If HDRI is the only or at least dominant light source in your scene, then it doesn't really matter wether you'll adjust its multiplier or global exposure, both methods will give you the same result. However, if you have other lights in the scene and they are set to physically plausible intensity, then you should adjust HDRI output to match rest of the scene.

Quoted for Agreement.  I have found those PG skies to be super bright and blown out when I use them - have to really knock down the exposure.  I prefer the ones that Shawn Astom has made.

2019-04-17, 18:17:00
Reply #4

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much guys. It is very pleasant to deal with you.

I don't know if it's a problem with my file or not, but to get the same exposure as the reference image, I find myself forced to take the exposure of the hdri to -5 or some to -7. leaving the rooms as they are or going to slightly modify the rooms' exposure.

The only hdri where I do not need to change anything because once loaded into the light material reflects the reference image are those of https://darstellungsart.com/en/shop-en/ which I find very interesting also because doing the test of the exposure reduction in ps to -20, the sun dot appears.

I do not reject the fact that I am a newbie so I have definitely missed or missed some steps to get the maximum results from previous HDRIs.