Author Topic: IR causes Forest objects to disappear in viewports  (Read 17171 times)

2015-11-05, 12:47:12

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Not sure if this is known, and it might be a problem for iToosoft to solve, but whenever I activate IR, either as floating or viewport, the forest renders fine but the entire forest disappears from my viewports. Not just invisible but the object itself isn't in the scene explorer. Somehow it's being hidden.

Cheers,

On 1.3. max 2016 sp1.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk
max 2016 sp1, corona 1.3 final, win 8.1. pro

2015-11-05, 14:06:58
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think I can confirm this. It looks like the objects get hidden while rendering to conserve memory so it would mean that Itoo Forest is not compatible for Corona's IR. I am not sure, though.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-11-05, 14:22:29
Reply #2

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
I think I can confirm this. It looks like the objects get hidden while rendering to conserve memory so it would mean that Itoo Forest is not compatible for Corona's IR. I am not sure, though.

The forest object does render fine in the IR itself, here. It just gets hidden in the viewport while it's active. Fingers crossed you/iToo can find a solution. IR is indespensible, as is FPP :)
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk

2015-11-05, 15:38:38
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The forest object does render fine in the IR itself, here. It just gets hidden in the viewport while it's active.
yup, same here
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-11-05, 15:41:07
Reply #4

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
I wonder if actually this might have something to do with the other FPP bug where after rendering the viewport is filled with the average colour of the FPP in the viewport. e.g. if you have load of trees that are green tone, when you cancel or finish a render the viewports are filled with that colour. As far as I'm aware iToosoft are on the case with that one, so perhaps it's related somehow.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk

2016-12-27, 18:11:11
Reply #5

nicolazaro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've recently experienced the same issue with the latest version of Forest Pack. It's really annoying... Has anyone of you found a solution??

2016-12-28, 07:35:01
Reply #6

Serj-3DVision

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3DVision
Have the same problem with FPP v5, but with FPP v4 everything is ok. If someone else can test also with older version of FPP to check if its a problem only in v5.
Sergei Scennikov | Israel | Tel-Aviv
Primary certified instructor
3DVision | Corona Materials Library

2016-12-28, 08:29:36
Reply #7

nicolazaro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, exactly! Only with FP 5, I can't really understand how to solve.

2017-01-09, 02:02:47
Reply #8

rombo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Testing with Corona version 1.5.2 and FPP 4.4.1 - It happens as well that the viewport scatter turns to little orange crosses (unselectable though).
To re-select and edit the FPPs in the scene I can only work with the object selection dialog unfortunately.
Would be lovely to see this sorted (by either Itoo or you :)
Cheers, thanks!

2017-01-17, 10:57:44
Reply #9

James

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Jamesmadethis.com
We have the same problem here. The forestpack object disappears in the viewport whilst an IR is running. It reappears as soon as you stop the IR.

Corona 1.5.2 and Forest Pro 5.2.0

Personally I'm using Corona scatter as its simpler and easier, plus the viewport gizmo makes selecting the scatter much much easier (always hated how hard it is to select a forestpack object). But for new Corona users here, the first thing they reach for is Forestpack so its a shame its not working right.

2017-09-05, 10:02:33
Reply #10

WAcky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any update on this? Getting things right in the viewport, is slightly faster than IR so it's a bit of a pain for it to disappear in the viewport...

2017-09-05, 13:05:31
Reply #11

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
+1 to my own post, under an old account :)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-09-26, 09:17:03
Reply #12

WAcky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Still no reply from the devs? An indication that this has been at least noticed, or logged would at least be a start.

This is something I have to annoyingly deal with on a daily basis...

2017-10-03, 02:40:11
Reply #13

rombo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I posted on this on the itoo forum. Let's hope they fix it asap.

2017-10-03, 13:14:37
Reply #14

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
we know about this... it will require some rewriting in best case (1.8), or a LOT of rewriting in worst case.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)