Author Topic: dubcats secret little hideout  (Read 109543 times)

2018-10-03, 17:14:34
Reply #330

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As it's a scene referred workflow, it also allows you to preserve the whole dynamic range of your data all along the pipeline.

Would you mind to further explain the sentences "it's scene referred workflow" and "it allows to preserve the whole dynamic range of your data all along the pipeline"?
I have troubles understanding some technical expressions in English.

You should look at this article which explains the core fundamentals of the ACES workflow in a quick and efficient way: http://shootdatapost.com/blog/2014/5/16/aces-in-10-minutes

2018-10-03, 17:16:39
Reply #331

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Fluss. I'll check it out. Thanks

2018-10-17, 19:52:21
Reply #332

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Dubcat, do you know some way to convert srgb images to LOG32?, i need to use some lut´s in this format

2018-10-28, 05:53:08
Reply #333

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
Hey!

I've blocked a few web sites this month so I don't have an excuse to procrastinate. I haven't read through the pages since my last post. I see the last post has a question for me. I just want you guys to know that I'm not ignoring you. I will respond when my "official" block is over. I just had to make this post on my phone.

I've been pushing for linear display value for "Value" since Corona Color Picker got introduced. Every time I talk to the Corona team, it seems that this request gets confused with something else, and I honestly don't understand what they confuse it for. I see the RC is almost ready and it results in me clenching to my pillow at night, crying inside.

Every studio/person out there that deal with real world reflectance values, knows that we need linear display for "Value".

This long time "bug" / feature request has now turned into a meme

This is the best way I can describe the current problem.

If you have to deal with real world paint values and scanned values, please let your voice be heard so we can get this quality of life feature implemented.
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2018-10-28, 08:48:02
Reply #334

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't work with real world paint and scanned values, but i never understand why CCP shows value in sRGB only. I think it should respect sRGB switcher and show its values accordingly, just like red, green and blue channels does.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.

2018-10-28, 13:34:47
Reply #335

Juraj Talcik

• Active Users
  • Tinkering away
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yup, this should be super easy and obvious fix. It's already working on RGB channels, so why not the value ? It absolutely needs to be consistent.
talcikdemovicova.com  Website and blog
be.net/jurajtalcik   Our studio Behance portfolio
Instagram   Our studio Instagram, managed by Veronika

2018-10-29, 09:32:26
Reply #336

IsmaeL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Definitely annoying. Seams kind of silly that this hasn't been fixed yet.

So where should we post about this, is it a bug or should we go to the feature request??
So many threads around here.
Falling in love with Corona

2018-10-29, 11:26:12
Reply #337

Juraj Talcik

• Active Users
  • Tinkering away
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I don't know myself, there isn't clear feedback anywhere. Ideally both.
talcikdemovicova.com  Website and blog
be.net/jurajtalcik   Our studio Behance portfolio
Instagram   Our studio Instagram, managed by Veronika

2018-10-29, 12:56:38
Reply #338

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know myself, there isn't clear feedback anywhere. Ideally both.

Perhapt there should be a stickied SAT Thread (Small annoying things)

2018-10-30, 09:36:56
Reply #339

IsmaeL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Perhapt there should be a stickied SAT Thread (Small annoying things)

That is a very good idea
Falling in love with Corona

2018-11-02, 12:35:06
Reply #340

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It seems that there is a kind of communication problem between the users requesting this feature, and the developers. We'll be sure to sort this out.
On the other hand, there are some strong arguments why this should not be implemented (or at least not in a way users seem to be expecting it). I do not want to sound too mysterious, but we will have to come up with a clear explanation, and only then share it.
Sorry that this is taking so long.

2018-11-02, 17:21:25
Reply #341

oddvisionary

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance | Artstation : artstation.com/oddvisionary
Now I know why I got confused by this what seems to be a bug? sRGB/Linear RGB values not showing the correct value. Make sense.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-19, 03:37:04 by oddvisionary »
Freelance Post-Prod / Lighting & Look Dev 3D Generalist | VFX Designer | Sound Effect Recordist & Sound Designer

Corona Discord server : https://discord.gg/2uxq8EA

2018-11-02, 19:14:16
Reply #342

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It seems that there is a kind of communication problem between the users requesting this feature, and the developers. We'll be sure to sort this out.
On the other hand, there are some strong arguments why this should not be implemented (or at least not in a way users seem to be expecting it). I do not want to sound too mysterious, but we will have to come up with a clear explanation, and only then share it.
Sorry that this is taking so long.

Half off-topic : would be nice to have a way to export true RAW linear renders with Corona. Bypassing the internal Corona tonemapping. It seems impossible to have a pure RAW Render. Not bad actually, it will always look more photo real, but it's nice to have something as neutral as possible to sometimes do it all in post for VFX workflow (as it is with Arnold for exemple, which has no tonemapping at all but has OCIO/Lut support).

Octane has a beautiful tonemapping, but there is a checkbox to render without it for neutral linear raw EXR.

Actually, you can. Just leave parameters to default and save it as exr 16 or 32 bits float.

2018-11-02, 20:25:58
Reply #343

oddvisionary

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance | Artstation : artstation.com/oddvisionary
nevermind
« Last Edit: 2018-11-02, 23:51:13 by oddvisionary »
Freelance Post-Prod / Lighting & Look Dev 3D Generalist | VFX Designer | Sound Effect Recordist & Sound Designer

Corona Discord server : https://discord.gg/2uxq8EA

2018-11-02, 21:27:25
Reply #344

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1 - There is a checkbox in VFB
2 - There is a Beaty RE with a checkbox

Do you need more checkboxes?