Author Topic: Load Textures into Area Lights  (Read 3196 times)

2018-03-20, 08:23:23
Reply #15

nkilar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hi guys, this seems like a useful request, but I don't exactly know what you would like the texture to do - influence the light emission? The opacity? Something else?

Its pretty useful feature imho. It is there in 3ds Max too. Yes you can recreate it with a plane and a Corona Light material but if its in a light object then it can be easier a little easier to manage - Say with a light lister and all that.

2018-11-20, 23:27:57
Reply #16

murzilka1

• Users
    • View Profile
So, how is it supposed to simulate normal video projector, throwing its content throught a mirror? CoronaLight projection options gives fatally blurred image, and max standart omny is OK as projector, but Corona dont see it in a mirror

2019-01-13, 16:17:20
Reply #17

SharpEars

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This feature is an absolute must for Corona to be a viable option for Cinema 4D. Every single renderer other than Corona supports this (and no, having an emissive material on an object is not the same thing).

2019-01-14, 10:19:21
Reply #18

houska

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
This feature is an absolute must for Corona to be a viable option for Cinema 4D. Every single renderer other than Corona supports this (and no, having an emissive material on an object is not the same thing).

Hi SharpEars, I'm just curious - why is having an emissive material on an object not the same thing?

2019-01-19, 21:02:32
Reply #19

tennet

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Good Monday
I use "Softbox textures" or "C4D gradients" in the 'Corona Light material' all the time. Just add this to a 'Plane' and you have a fully working softbox.ยด

I WOULD LIKE to have the same option though when using standard 'Corona Area Lights'.. so I can place my 'Corona Area light' quickly, to see it's reflection in my objects.. Then, when the light positioning is done, then I would like the option to add the "Soft box texture" to this same Area Light (the texture I normally use in the "Light Material") so that my Area Light's "Light pattern" changes from a white square to a softbox (or gradient) instead. If you understand what I'm trying to explain.. :)

2019-02-26, 09:38:55
Reply #20

Core2000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 To use Softbox textures for reflections or just fake god rays without use geometry or fake treeshadows for architect visualisations or for lasereffects