Author Topic: corona for sketchup  (Read 12906 times)

2016-11-27, 17:31:50

kakashi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't visit here too often as I don't do that much rendering work. I do do a lot of sketchup models for architects and I will occasionally render them via 3dsmax/corona.

Is the plugin still in alpha phase and how does one get it? I have a project right now where I'd like to be able to render a textured pass from sketchup and then overlay my linework. This is something that is a total pain in the arse with max as the cameras never match up due to sketchup's odd gui.

2016-11-30, 15:36:00
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, yes, Corona for Sketchup is in early alpha stage. If you would like to test it, please contact me at miodek@corona-renderer.com with a short note about yourself and your experience in 3d graphics, and also a portfolio if possible. See you soon! :)

2017-03-16, 15:42:29
Reply #2

gerych716

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, yes, Corona for Sketchup is in early alpha stage. If you would like to test it, please contact me at miodek@corona-renderer.com with a short note about yourself and your experience in 3d graphics, and also a portfolio if possible. See you soon! :)
Hello, please tell me, сan i now participate in the test corona for sketchup? I am an architect, I live and work in Belarus. All time worked in sketchup and also I really like corona.

2017-03-16, 18:11:33
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello, please tell me, сan i now participate in the test corona for sketchup? I am an architect, I live and work in Belarus. All time worked in sketchup and also I really like corona.
You already quoted the instructions, so quote-ception time:
If you would like to test it, please contact me at miodek@corona-renderer.com with a short note about yourself and your experience in 3d graphics, and also a portfolio if possible.

2017-03-16, 20:03:41
Reply #4

gerych716

• Users
    • View Profile
You already quoted the instructions, so quote-ception time:
If you would like to test it, please contact me at miodek@corona-renderer.com with a short note about yourself and your experience in 3d graphics, and also a portfolio if possible.
[/quote]
Sorry, i just asked...

2017-04-15, 16:12:54
Reply #5

Tales Macedo

• Active Users
  • Designer and Artist 3D.
    • View Profile
    • Tales Macedo - Design Studio
Is Corona running for SketchUp 2017?

2017-04-18, 12:45:40
Reply #6

Ryuu

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Is Corona running for SketchUp 2017?

Not yet, but unless there are any big changes in the plugin API, we should hopefully be able to implement it with the first new release.

2017-04-23, 23:24:35
Reply #7

kakashi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It runs in 2017 but hangs up when trying to save the image. :(

2017-04-25, 13:54:38
Reply #8

Tales Macedo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It runs in 2017 but hangs up when trying to save the image. :(

I tried to instantiate it in the 2017 version. But it ends up happening not to open SketchUp. :/

2017-05-04, 08:52:32
Reply #9

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Corona Team, how's the progress so far? any new updates? :)

2017-05-04, 09:27:37
Reply #10

Ryuu

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Not yet, sorry. We've had a few delays due to finishing the max plugin 1.6. Hopefully we'll have something next week.

2017-05-04, 15:38:42
Reply #11

Ahmed0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not yet, sorry. We've had a few delays due to finishing the max plugin 1.6. Hopefully we'll have something next week.

I was about to ask the same hehe...I'm eager to test the new beta.  I'll just wait a few more days then =D

2017-05-04, 15:57:31
Reply #12

Ryuu

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Also please keep in mind that the first release will probably be just update of the code to the latest version of the rendering core. While this may automatically provide some new features (like the subsampled IR) there will be no new features explicitly implemented for the plugin and the core update may probably introduce few more subtle bugs.

We'll be adding new features and updating for SketchUp 2017 in the next release, which should come 1-2 weeks later.

The new guys will need some time to get themselves oriented in the code, so the development will be slower in the beginning.

2017-05-05, 06:44:49
Reply #13

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Ryuu for the update!

2017-05-11, 06:56:14
Reply #14

Tales Macedo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any news about the Corona's compatibility with Sket17?

2017-05-11, 09:39:13
Reply #15

Ryuu

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
You can read about that in my previous post in this thread.

2017-05-16, 17:22:50
Reply #16

Ryuu

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Hi guys, another update:

I'm afraid that I've underestimated how much work will there be with porting the code to the latest rendering core version. We currently have the code ported, but we still need to fix crashes in interactive rendering (the "crashes after the IR is restarted for the third time" kind).

I hope to have this and other issues fixed by the end of the week, but this is just an estimate. With these kind of bugs you never know. It may be fixed in the next 5 minutes or it may take us few weeks.

On the other hand I just tested the current version of the plugin in SketchUp 2017 and it crashes exactly the same way as in 2016, so there will probably be 2017 version in the first release once we fix the bugs ;)

2017-05-16, 20:35:00
Reply #17

Ahmed0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, another update:

I'm afraid that I've underestimated how much work will there be with porting the code to the latest rendering core version. We currently have the code ported, but we still need to fix crashes in interactive rendering (the "crashes after the IR is restarted for the third time" kind).

I hope to have this and other issues fixed by the end of the week, but this is just an estimate. With these kind of bugs you never know. It may be fixed in the next 5 minutes or it may take us few weeks.

On the other hand I just tested the current version of the plugin in SketchUp 2017 and it crashes exactly the same way as in 2016, so there will probably be 2017 version in the first release once we fix the bugs ;)

Hey thanks for the update on the dev status RYU!

2017-05-17, 02:19:06
Reply #18

Tales Macedo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, another update:

Thanks for informing! I'm anxious to try it on Sket 17!

2017-05-22, 17:09:42
Reply #19

Ryuu

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
OK, guys, so the new build is up at the usual place. You should all also received the standard "new update" e-mail with a link.

Since the first release took quite longer than we originally expected and we're already swamped with a ton of non-sketchup tasks, I'm not 100% sure we can keep the original estimate that another update should follow 1-2 weeks after this one. I'll try to keep you informed.

2017-05-22, 17:10:25
Reply #20

Ahmed0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, just downloaded the recently posted new beta version and I got this error and inmediatly promts me to close the program (installer)...I already uninstalled the last version so...a little help here.  Thanks!

2017-05-22, 17:13:29
Reply #21

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can you try re-downloading the installer, and if that does not help, then maybe starting it as administrator?

2017-05-22, 17:16:43
Reply #22

Ryuu

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
OK, it seems that there are few necessary files mising from the installer. I'll upload a new one in a minute.

2017-05-22, 17:28:26
Reply #23

Ryuu

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Fixed installer is uploaded on dropbox. Sorry for that.

2017-05-22, 18:22:08
Reply #24

EarthMover

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's working now.  Thanks!

2017-05-22, 19:26:28
Reply #25

Ahmed0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yup, working! thanks a lot

2017-05-22, 21:14:49
Reply #26

Ang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Ryuu
2 xeon 2658 / i7 5820K /i7 3770

2017-05-23, 10:54:53
Reply #27

Dex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, great to see a Sketchup release. Thanks for all your hard work Michal and all the beta testers.
Nikola Tomsu C4d Dev has posted a Trello board. Are there any plans for a Trello for Sketchup? I would like to see a rough date for lights and HDRI support.
Thanks

2017-05-23, 11:30:35
Reply #28

Mihailich1911

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone! Right now there is no any possibility to use HDRi map for illumination, right? Just standart sketchup sun. Or its just me? that is to blind to find it?(sorry for mistakes, i'm not a native speeker (;   )
And one more thing. I, as many sketchup users, work with very low end solution-core i5 4200u(laptop). So while render is going - my laptop allwais tries to reach Mars using his own cooler. I think that the reason is that i54200u have only 2 real cores and 2 fake(hupertreading i suppose). Is there any possibility to ad a small button that turns of  the pressure on all fake cores? right now before rendering (even in material editor) I need to turn off fake cores, and than turn them back for modeling.

2017-05-24, 09:29:14
Reply #29

CGarken

• Users
    • View Profile
Is corona for sketchup up for beta users?