Author Topic: [feedback] Corona VFB switches to black  (Read 12708 times)

2017-10-23, 14:54:24
Reply #15

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I know that this topic is quite old but I seems like it hasn't been fixed in Cr1.6. It occurred for the first time in one of our scenes. Exactly the same problem. After few passes the VFB turns black. Anyone has any more recent solutions?

Cheers,
Michal

Hi, does it still occur with 1.7 RC10? If it does, could you please share a scene where this problem occurs? You can use the private uploader from my signature. The scene will be used only for the internal testing and deleted once the bug is fixed.

2017-10-29, 19:42:07
Reply #16

Imperfct

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I'm rendering a project with Corona 1.7 and I had the same problem of VFB. The problem started at pass 110, before everything was fine. I was using the bloom and glare panel inside the VFB and the interactive LightMix. Suddenly LightMix (and beauty also) turned completely black.
When I turned off bloom and glare everything was fine again... This is the first time though, never had a similar problem before but it's really annoying. Is this a known bug or something weird that is happinening just to me?
« Last Edit: 2017-10-30, 12:08:52 by Imperfct »

2017-10-30, 12:58:00
Reply #17

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Is it something that happened just once or is it reproducible. If it's reproducible, could you please share the scene with us for internal testing/debugging?

2017-10-31, 14:49:57
Reply #18

Imperfct

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi Riyuu,

Sorry but in this moment I cannot share the scene. I forgot to mention before that I was using the new Light Solver. Now I'm rendering another scene (same project, different camera) and the bloom and glare panel seems working. I also found out that with the new light solver I had some problems of black dots in the scene. After unchecking it everything worked fine (but much much slower!)
Did you have the same problems with this new feature during the tests?

2017-10-31, 14:52:14
Reply #19

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
There were some similar reports (new solver + black dots), so a scene would be a huge help to get this fixed. Maybe you could remove most of the scene, and keep only some part of it (e.g. just the walls), while still maintaining the bug?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-31, 15:21:35
Reply #20

Imperfct

• Users
    • View Profile
Ok, no problem, as soon as I'll finish rendering I'll upload it and I'll send it to you.

2017-11-21, 21:28:44
Reply #21

mylesmontgomery

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru, Ondra,

We are have this issue with a scene as CASA_MT did. The scene when rendered to one our nodes or workstation turns black after a while of rendering.
I've noticed the bloom/glare isn't really showing when it should. We're having this issue sporadically with scenes and cameras from the master scene this 'dining' setup originated from.

When I turn bloom and glare off while rendering it doesn't turn to black....

I have uploaded the scene for you to inspect.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-21, 22:30:51 by mylesmontgomery »

2017-11-22, 00:45:03
Reply #22

mylesmontgomery

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Through a bit of testing, this issues seems to be caused by a bug bloom/glare at high resolution.

2017-11-22, 08:41:22
Reply #23

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Did you try latest daily build? There were some fixes for this issue, so with any luck it will also fix your problems.

2017-11-22, 10:30:23
Reply #24

mylesmontgomery

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Ryuu,

I'll give it a shot now.

2017-11-22, 19:06:30
Reply #25

mylesmontgomery

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The Daily Build has fixed the issue thanks.

2018-04-05, 16:30:42
Reply #26

RonHH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
is this problem already fixed? I got the same issue with the lastest official release of corona. On my Workstation everything behaves fine but on some servers the beauty and lightmix pass turns black after a while and saves out an black image as well.
As soon as i disable bloom and glare it renders fine.
I just tried to disable the frame buffer during the rendering, but its not working. It still render in corona native frame buffer.

Someone knows a solution?

Specs:
Win7
3dsmax 2015
Corona 1.7 HF 4

Cheers,
Ron

2018-04-06, 06:38:04
Reply #27

RonHH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just forgot to mention, my image size insn't that big.
Just a small HD (1280 by 720 px)

All Corona Settings are default values, except flickerfree is turn on.

2018-04-06, 12:07:17
Reply #28

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This thread is pretty old, so it is not very convenient to track the issue here.
Could you send us a message to support@corona-renderer.com with a link to this thread and all the information you can provide?
If anything else is needed, we will request it.

Thanks a lot.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us