Author Topic: viewport and metallic materials  (Read 2921 times)

2017-07-28, 00:17:11

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When you assign metallic materials on a object, the object becomes black because there is no color, only reflection. It's a pity because C4D 18 viewport is very nice with reflections.

I was looking for a trick to get nice C4D materials in the viewport but nice render with Corona.

For that, Take manager is your friend.
Take 1 : AR3. You get your objects with C4D materials. The render engine is AR3. Sky and Sun for Corona are hidden.
Take 2 : Corona. You get your objects with Corona materials. The render engine is Corona. Physical Sky for AR3 is hidden.

2017-07-28, 08:37:54
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Nice workaround!

I wonder if the viewport is something the devs can take advantage of eventually. I did hear that the SDK part for it is in shambles / non existing which is a bit "lol". :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-07-28, 09:36:17
Reply #2

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With C4D materials, you have a lot of options.
Get into your C4D material > View > OpenGL. You can choose a color though channel color is not active.
It will be nice to get the same with Corona.

The faster way to avoid black objects in viewport is shortcut N-Q (disable textures) but all objects have the C4D default color.

2017-08-02, 11:14:46
Reply #3

indexofrefraction

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it would be nice to see that great ogl/viewport display of r18/r19 also with corona materials