Author Topic: Background Image Plate  (Read 10896 times)

2017-08-14, 19:58:26

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So I'm trying to get better at rendering cars so I can composite into image plate. The only thing I can't figure out is how to have the background image display in the viewport/render? Right now I have a Background object with a Corona Compositing Tag set to Seen By Camera, but nothing renders in the background. What am I missing?

2017-08-15, 22:47:43
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
The last time I've used the Corona Compositing tag it didn't work for most stuff. That said, try it in a new scene under controlled variables so that you can be sure exposure is not affecting it too much (i.e blending it in with the sky in your scene).
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-08-16, 12:59:29
Reply #2

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
The thing is that we don't support the background and foreground objects yet. We know about this limitation and will implement them at one point, don't worry.

2018-01-22, 09:03:34
Reply #3

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have the same question, but i think Houska meant a normal plane, not the actual floor, background or foreground object..(as i know it does not work)

In all standard visuals, we add a plane for a background. Example: You have an interior shot & you see something through the window...
We need to add a texture on it, but it is black when you add a standard texture on. If you make it a light material, it;s doesnt work either.

How can we get it working?

2018-01-22, 09:49:25
Reply #4

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Create a CRN material with your background texture. In the render settings plug it into the direct visibility slot under the environment tab and set the projection to frontal. It's not visible in the viewport but in the IR.

2018-01-22, 12:24:39
Reply #5

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok thx man, but frontal doesn't work, as mine is set up like the attached image & uv mapping is not available...

I'm doing an animation of it, so i think it will run into problems when it's on frontal...?

2018-01-22, 12:39:31
Reply #6

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I have the same question, but i think Houska meant a normal plane, not the actual floor, background or foreground object..

In all standard visuals, we add a plane for a background. Example: You have an interior shot & you see something through the window...
We need to add a texture on it, but it is black when you add a standard texture on. If you make it a light material, it;s doesnt work either.

How can we get it working?

Please read my post again. I meant what I wrote. Floor, background and foreground objects all DON'T WORK.

2018-01-22, 12:42:14
Reply #7

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
As Eddoron said... follow that for back plate setting.

All works fine, back plate, HDRI, shadow catcher...!
Last day I did some quick renders.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-22, 12:43:31
Reply #8

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Ok thx man, but frontal doesn't work, as mine is set up like the attached image & uv mapping is not available...

I'm doing an animation of it, so i think it will run into problems when it's on frontal...?

Yeah, frontal would look weird in an animation. Did you try spherical mapping and adjusting the parameters to make it look right?

2018-01-22, 12:52:03
Reply #9

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please read my post again. I meant what I wrote. Floor, background and foreground objects all DON'T WORK.

you obviously did not read my post... I said a plane houska.

2018-01-22, 12:53:58
Reply #10

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yeah, frontal would look weird in an animation. Did you try spherical mapping and adjusting the parameters to make it look right?

I'm trying spherical, but the colors are weird... Either blown out or dull...will play with it.

2018-01-22, 13:16:42
Reply #11

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

Of course I did read your post and what I wrote still applies...

It seems like we don't understand each other, but that's OK. Sorry for sounding condescending or anything like that. I just wanted to correct the information that your post seemed to imply.

Edit: Fixed spelling
« Last Edit: 2018-01-22, 13:20:51 by houska »

2018-01-22, 13:41:23
Reply #12

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Of course I did read your post and what I wrote still applies...

It seems like we don't understand each other, but that's OK. Sorry for sounding condescending or anything like that. I just wanted to correct the information that your post seemed to imply.

sure no probs.

Edit: Fixed spelling