Author Topic: HDRI doesen't work when rendering using PhysCamera  (Read 2844 times)

2017-12-21, 21:33:53

PrimaVodka

• Users
    • View Profile
Whenever I try rendering with an HDRI and using my physical camera it doesen't work. However, if I switch to Perspective mode it renders just fine, but it looks a bit unrealistic. I'm super confused. This only happens with HDR's btw. Using CoronaLight or CoronaSun works just fine.

2017-12-22, 15:34:10
Reply #1

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Your exposure and/or intensity of the HDR are too high.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-12-23, 08:04:49
Reply #2

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
could be caused by "install exposure control" button were accidentally pressed..
but simplified scene or related screenshots will be helpful.

2017-12-25, 14:08:02
Reply #3

PrimaVodka

• Users
    • View Profile
Your exposure and/or intensity of the HDR are too high.

How can it be so? I just left it as is. When I use Vray (which I normally do) leaving it as is just produces a darker render, but atleast it renders something, and I use the same HDR's that I have used in previous projects. When I use corona, all I can see is blackness and a very very very faint outline of something white. But I would like to try and turn it down. How can I do so?

2017-12-25, 15:01:43
Reply #4

PrimaVodka

• Users
    • View Profile
Managed to get it working. Just used VrayHDRI instead, since I also have that. But thanks for the help anyways ^^

2017-12-26, 02:20:20
Reply #5

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Managed to get it working. Just used VrayHDRI instead, since I also have that. But thanks for the help anyways ^^
afaik vrayHDRI is already planned to be fully supported since Corona is now part of chaosGroup family :)

2018-01-03, 13:22:54
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maybe the physical camera here was rendering an orthographic projection instead of perspective view? In such case the hdri won't work, it's the same if you stay outside of a camera and just render an orthographic view (e.g. press T, L, F,...).

Also, please do not use VrayHDRI yet. It is known to cause some issues which are hard to catch, such as flickering in animations.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us