Author Topic: Bat file to connect to renderfarm PCs and restart DR server (Help)  (Read 1518 times)

2018-01-05, 12:35:56

Luis.Goncalves

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
In the company that i work we have 14 pcs in the renderfarm. The fact that we need to restart the servers on a daily basis due to the fact that sometimes they stop rendering, or get stuck on parsing scene dialogue, it would really help if i had a bat file that kills the server process and restarts them across the network. (it's becoming a pain to have to connect to each one of them manually and restarting the server by hand).

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this?

Just to condensate the information

I need a way to click one file and have that file do the following in one go:

- connect to all of the pcs (i'm assuming that there's a way to point at them based on their IP)
- kill the Dr Server in all of them
- Start the Dr Server in all of them

Thank you

2018-01-07, 05:35:38
Reply #1

desgraphics

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This will do it with a few clicks can stop and restart all servers using backburner, corona, vray

https://rendernodemonitor.com/

2018-01-08, 08:20:54
Reply #2

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use realvnc and I made a .bat which first opens the connection to node1, after I close the VCN-window it opens connection to node2 ....until node5.
I close DR manually and restart it, I believe it could be done with a .bat file too.
I also have a .bat to restart the node computer and then when it starts, DR is opened automatically with windows.

2018-01-23, 10:47:46
Reply #3

Luis.Goncalves

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Thank you for the answers.
At the moment i have a bat file that i edited that restarts the nodes (i do a shortcut for it and put it on each pcs desktop. This saves me a couple of clicks)

I'll try the render monitor and see if i like it :)

(it would be cool if corona add an option somewhere that would restart nodes on render end)
« Last Edit: 2018-01-23, 11:20:43 by Luis.Goncalves »