Author Topic: IPR performance & Material Override exclusions  (Read 1546 times)

2018-01-19, 17:40:29

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Hello guys,

Something I'd need to investigate a bit more, but do you guys face a big performance dropdown when using IPR with a scene where you use Material Override with some objects excluded ? I'm still not sure about that, I'll try with other scenes, just wondering ;)

Thanks.
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2018-01-23, 15:47:16
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, I just tried this and did not manage to reproduce. I am getting roughly the same or better performance with the override and without it.
If you want to measure it, you can enable the fps counter for IR in devel/debug settings, but this will be helpful only if you are getting more than 1fps. ;)

If you can observe this, please post a sample scene, screenshots, etc, that would help us understand the issue better.

edit: or is this about the C4D version??
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-01-24, 08:30:24
Reply #2

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru :)

Thank you for your feedback. Finishing a project today, I'll make some additional tests this afternoon or tomorrow. It seemed to me that adding objects to be excluded for MatOverride was slowing down IPR, but maybe is it related to this scene. I'll be back tomorrow !

Cheers.
Nicolas Caplat

2018-01-29, 10:08:28
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
do you mean slowing the rendering, or the parsing before rendering? AFAIK material overrides have to reparse the whole scene every time they are changed
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-01-29, 10:25:28
Reply #4

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra,

Sorry, I didn't take the time to test again, jumping from a project to another ... setting a reminder to do a simpler scene to test again, then I'll be back with more informations.

Regards.
Nicolas Caplat