Author Topic: Exterior windows OSL shader  (Read 2775 times)

2018-05-03, 18:28:22
Reply #15

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah well, it definitely worked before with Corona. Wonder what happened in between. I guess it works with Scanline/Arnold... will need to test that for myself. Thanks!

2018-05-14, 11:29:10
Reply #16

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I got it working enough to be usable. You need to make some very minor changes to the VRay version to make it work in Corona: remove the first line and go through the code and remove references to VRay. If anyone wants it, I can upload the modified file later.

The attached image is a bunch of instanced planes with a Corona Multimap randomizing the diffuse bitmap.

2018-05-14, 11:34:53
Reply #17

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Amazing, Monkeybrother ! I'm definitely interested in testing your modified file, please :)

Regards.
Nicolas Caplat

3dsmax & Corona teacher / CG supervisor

2018-05-14, 14:18:19
Reply #18

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Amazing, Monkeybrother ! I'm definitely interested in testing your modified file, please :)

Regards.

Sure, attaching .osl file. It seems to be a bit sensitive, as in you have to do things the right way. If I made a big subdivided box and added a "per face" uvw map, it doesn't work (even if I unwelded vertices or even detached every face), and if I resize the polygon after applying the uv map it stretches and bends (it shouldn't happen, but I haven't investigated). So for best result: create a plane with the correct size, apply material and uv's ("per face" or "planar"), instance it. I've just done some quick tests, so I'm sure there's an explanation.

I'm not 100% sure that the attached file is the latest one, the one I'm using, but let me know if it doesn't work. Hopefully someone can make a less hacky version.

2018-05-14, 15:05:11
Reply #19

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you ! I'll give it a try as soon as I my current project is over ;)
Nicolas Caplat

3dsmax & Corona teacher / CG supervisor

2018-05-15, 14:27:20
Reply #20

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi, is there any way to make older max compatible with osl? something like plugins??

2018-05-15, 14:54:56
Reply #21

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi, is there any way to make older max compatible with osl? something like plugins??

I don't think so, it was the only big update in Max 2019 (if you don't like 90's looking procedural wood).

2019-09-10, 13:43:52
Reply #22

demkin

• Users
    • View Profile
I got it working enough to be usable. You need to make some very minor changes to the VRay version to make it work in Corona: remove the first line and go through the code and remove references to VRay. If anyone wants it, I can upload the modified file later.

The attached image is a bunch of instanced planes with a Corona Multimap randomizing the diffuse bitmap.

So, what should the material look like in the coronarendor so that the OSL would work