Author Topic: CXR saving in C4D r20 networking rendering.  (Read 686 times)

2019-01-20, 20:37:51

nickmilitello

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just purchased Corona v3.  Saw in the blog post that the Corona v3 was able to save CXR file formats for later use in the CIE.  For large animations this is a huge help, because you could use a machine with a top end Nvidia card to do the denoising or other post functions, saving a bit of render time on my render farm.  However I see no where to save a CXR in Cinema 4D for network rendering, which is kinda the only place that I feel like I need it at this point. 

Has anyone been able to do this?  Or do we have any info on when this will be implemented?

One other thing why I feel this is so important - (mind you, this was v2 beta issues so....). when I would do large animations on my farm of about 20 servers.  Some AMD thread rippers and Xeon 22 cores, I would find that the C4D client app would crash often when doing certain Corona renders.  I found that it was during the Denoising process.  Turning off the Denoising and upping the sample count was my way around constant crashing.  However if I were able to do the Denoisng on a single machine at the end, it would have been a huge time saver. 

2019-01-21, 14:54:10
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
CXR isn't in the native C4D save dialog as a file type at the moment, so this would not be possible, sorry. Currently the only way to save to CXR is the Save CXR option in the VFB (so you'd need to render each animation frame and manually save it from the VFB as you went along, which is not a practical workaround). It is logged in our internal tracker though (308840212).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us