Author Topic: How to set up sharing for remote work  (Read 199 times)

2019-01-30, 08:58:24

johnymrazko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • johny.mrazko.visualization
Hi

I am asking here for advice - I want to set up file sharing for my colleague so that he is able to work remotely and avoid archiving the whole max file with textures etc. Is there any simple way to do that? What I am aiming for is this - I have a ongoing job (maxfile, textures, proxies) that I was working on, he opens it on his computer, makes changes and saves back to my harddrive/shared location

Thanks

2019-01-30, 11:53:50
Reply #1

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
I personally use Dropbox, as i have a fast line at home, and semi fast one in work.
I set up all the folders and work of them for certain jobs that i know I need to keeping working on when I get home.
it works for me.

phil
Dell Precision T7910

2019-01-30, 13:08:00
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I also thought of Dropbox. There are probably other similar apps.
Maybe VPN and a shared folder? But I am not really sure if/how it can be used. :)

2019-01-30, 13:27:29
Reply #3

johnymrazko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • johny.mrazko.visualization
yeah I also am thinking of dropbox - is it possible that only the main computer uses professional version (1tb) and other user uses free 2gb version? Would he be able to access files even when they reach 2gb and more?

2019-01-30, 13:55:13
Reply #4

TomG

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As far as I understand Dropbox, yes he can access it while under 2GB, but if the files go above that, both sides need a paid dropbox. Best to check on their information to be sure, but I am fairly sure that's how it works.