Author Topic: Proxy causing viewport to freeze for a while  (Read 265 times)

2019-02-08, 17:21:20

HenrikH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but it has been going on for some time now and that is that my viewport freezes for a while when I have corona porxies in my scene.
It only happens when I switch from perspective view to top view and not vice versa. With one proxy with a 250MB file inside it freezes about 4 seconds. With 8 of those it freezes about 32 seconds. Makes no difference if I use "Cache in RAM" or not, neither what visualisation method. I use a 4 view panel and i switch between them with the F-keys.
So everything goes smooth when proxies are loaded, no problem at all. It's only when I switch from perspective view to top view but that happens quite often unfortunately :(

Thankful for any help!
Best regards
Henrik

2019-02-22, 05:52:01
Reply #1

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Got the same problem here.

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but it has been going on for some time now and that is that my viewport freezes for a while when I have corona porxies in my scene.
It only happens when I switch from perspective view to top view and not vice versa. With one proxy with a 250MB file inside it freezes about 4 seconds. With 8 of those it freezes about 32 seconds. Makes no difference if I use "Cache in RAM" or not, neither what visualisation method. I use a 4 view panel and i switch between them with the F-keys.
So everything goes smooth when proxies are loaded, no problem at all. It's only when I switch from perspective view to top view but that happens quite often unfortunately :(

Thankful for any help!
Best regards
Henrik

2019-03-25, 16:55:29
Reply #2

HenrikH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello again!

I finally bought a new computer (mostly because of other reasons :) and was hoping a new fresh install of everything would help in this issue but unfortunately the problem is still there, exactly the same.

The computer i bought was with a Threadripper 2990WX 32-Core processor, 64 GB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.

Best regards
Henrik

2019-03-30, 20:53:23
Reply #3

HenrikH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Me again

I remembered that i had an old mac book from 2014 and tried it there... no problem at all. Could that mean it has to do with the graphic cards in windows? Mi first computer has a ASUS Geforce GTX 970 STRIX 4GB.

Thanks
Henrik

2019-04-01, 10:51:00
Reply #4

houska

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
It could actually mean that the issue is due to something related to windows. We'll check it out and try to fix it soon!

2019-04-01, 12:08:24
Reply #5

HenrikH

• Active Users
    • View Profile