Author Topic: >scene button in lightmix  (Read 1978 times)

2019-03-18, 16:29:19

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can someone explain how this button works and what its supposed to do?
As I understand it should put the settings in lightmix to the lights in the scene and then reset lightmix to 1.0 meaning the render should look identical to how it was.

It seems this completely isnt the case? I sent my lightmix intensity changes to the scene using the '>scene' button. Now my lightmix is entirely black regardless of the light intensity settings or exposure settings. Even the individual light select elements are completely screwed. Some are black. Some show some light but its just white pixels. This doesnt seem like the expected behaviour from this button at all?

Ive had to revert to an autobackup because it seemed there was no obvious cause for the black render.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-18, 17:01:17 by jpjapers »

2019-03-18, 17:10:29
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona and host software version please.

Also, you are re-rendering after doing >Scene, right?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-03-18, 17:13:45
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
On what it should do -

You use IR or a final render to adjust LightMix to something you like. However, the number of layers in LightMix is causing high memory usage, or denoising is taking too long, or you made some very large adjustment to light intensities and now noise shows up in the LightMix. So you use >Scene which sets the scene lights to match color and intensity as it would be after the LightSelects.

Now that the lights in the scene have had their colors and intensities altered, you re-render - you can delete the LightMix and LightSelect layers to save memory / denoising time, or reset them to 1 and white if you were just wanting to have a new starting point where you didn't have to make such large adjustments that it was introducing noise.

2019-03-19, 10:54:41
Reply #3

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
On what it should do -

You use IR or a final render to adjust LightMix to something you like. However, the number of layers in LightMix is causing high memory usage, or denoising is taking too long, or you made some very large adjustment to light intensities and now noise shows up in the LightMix. So you use >Scene which sets the scene lights to match color and intensity as it would be after the LightSelects.

Now that the lights in the scene have had their colors and intensities altered, you re-render - you can delete the LightMix and LightSelect layers to save memory / denoising time, or reset them to 1 and white if you were just wanting to have a new starting point where you didn't have to make such large adjustments that it was introducing noise.

Yeah this is as i thought it should work. But after re rendering the scene all of the passes were black apart from the sun. Occasionally if i set intensities to something crazy like 20000 id get some white pixels.
Its corona 2 and max 2018. It worked fine on an autobackup. We are finally jumping to v3 this week so this might not be a problem anymore.

2019-03-19, 11:39:15
Reply #4

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Had some similar problems way back too :) Please do report back jpjapers :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-03-19, 11:43:13
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, if this is still happening, the thing we'd need most (along with the usual info of Corona version, host software, etc) is a copy of the scene, and a video or screenshots or renders showing before >Scene and after >Scene. Cheers!

2019-03-19, 14:21:14
Reply #6

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, if this is still happening, the thing we'd need most (along with the usual info of Corona version, host software, etc) is a copy of the scene, and a video or screenshots or renders showing before >Scene and after >Scene. Cheers!

Will report back after the upgrade. Probably closer to the end of the week :)

2019-03-19, 22:56:15
Reply #7

Crazy Homeless Guy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I didn't have this problem until we upgraded to v3 Hotfix 1.