Author Topic: Create a render element for 'invisible' object?  (Read 176 times)

2019-04-15, 06:50:16

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I have a bit of a strange query:

I render out a lot of sketch renders for architects. They often want ghosted silhouette people in the views. I usually either just Photoshop these in, or more recently, I put 3D people in the max model and render a 'render-selected' pass to get an alpha to then put into Photoshop. This is usually pretty easy and fast. However, I'm wondering if I can do it in a single render?

My query: During my final render, can I somehow have the 3D people completely invisible (ie; opacity set at 0) but render out an element that still shows these objects?

Any tips appreciated! :D

2019-04-15, 10:03:15
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You need OpacityMix™ for that :] I'm affraid there's no solution to your problem, other than render it twice.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.

2019-04-15, 12:13:21
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Yes, without OpacityMix™, there is no "proper" way, but maybe a dirty one which would work for this purpose:

- Corona Material for the people with white Corona Color map in any slot, but not used (checkbox off). Diffuse, reflection, refraction black, opacity to the lowest value <>0 possible (0.001 will do)

- CTexmap render element with that white map referenced, and in include/exclude list: Include all 3d People

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-04-16, 06:38:52
Reply #3

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, without OpacityMix™, there is no "proper" way, but maybe a dirty one which would work for this purpose:

- Corona Material for the people with white Corona Color map in any slot, but not used (checkbox off). Diffuse, reflection, refraction black, opacity to the lowest value <>0 possible (0.001 will do)

- CTexmap render element with that white map referenced, and in include/exclude list: Include all 3d People

Good Luck

Thanks mate! That worked a treat :D