Author Topic: (Daily Build 2019-05-16) Every odd frame renders dark  (Read 1577 times)

2019-05-17, 09:02:38

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Yup, you've heard it here first.

I'm trying to render out an animation with the latest daily and every odd frame comes out really dark. Almost like its got some weird gamma applied. If you render just the still frame it comes out great.

Upon reinstalling the previous daily the animation renders fine.

If you need more info please let me know, I can't send over the scene though.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-05-17, 14:21:12
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Does it happen in every scene? Only rendered locally? Is it always the odd numbered frames, no matter which frame you start on? Does it happen in every scene, or just this one specific one? Can the scene be simplified down to a shareable state, e.g. if you leave nothing but a plane and a cube but the same lighting and camera, with this still happening?

Cheers!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-05-17, 19:33:00
Reply #2

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Sorry for the lacking bug report, Tom. I just wanted to get the topic going so that I don't forget to report it...

Haven't tested it on other scenes yet. Or thoroughly for that matter. It is local, only an object is animated, always odd frames.

When I get the time I'll test it out.

2019-05-17, 20:34:39
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No worries! Just without the extra info, we wouldn't know what to look for or where to look for it :)

For example here, an animated cube over 30 seconds PT + UHD saved to JPG with a Corona Sky as the light using Corona Denoising, and pretty much everything default, renders just fine.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-05-20, 14:48:24
Reply #4

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The same problem was also reported here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=23347.msg149258#msg149258

It is problem in scenes with environment (environment map fails to initialize each odd frame in animation), we fixed it a moment ago, so it should be working in next daily build.

2019-05-20, 21:10:43
Reply #5

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
The same problem was also reported here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=23347.msg149258#msg149258

It is problem in scenes with environment (environment map fails to initialize each odd frame in animation), we fixed it a moment ago, so it should be working in next daily build.

Sweet, thanks for letting me know! Hurraaay!