Author Topic: Why do you use Corona Renderer or V-Ray?  (Read 13678 times)

2019-05-27, 13:35:58

AdamHotovy

• Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
Hey guys,
We have prepared a little survey for you where we would like to get some answers on eternal questions like: Why do you use Corona Renderer or V-Ray, or both?

This survey is quite important for us as we would like to know our userbases for both products better. Then we can improve both software in a way which will serve its userbases the best.

You can find the survey here:  https://bit.ly/CoronaVraySurvey

I will start the same tread on V-Ray forum.

Please also feel free to express your opinions and thoughts about Corona and V-Ray here, in this thread.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-27, 13:48:11 by maru »
I like turtles.

2019-06-02, 02:24:41
Reply #1

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Filled it out but also forgot to mention one thing for the company's improvement question:
Would love to see some support/seminars/workshops or whatnot for those of us in the U.S. I always feel that Corona and VRay are much more targeted to European users and all these conferences are centered overseas; we tend to feel neglected in that regard over here.

2019-06-14, 11:54:18
Reply #2

Paul Springer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Filled it out but also forgot to mention one thing for the company's improvement question:
Would love to see some support/seminars/workshops or whatnot for those of us in the U.S. I always feel that Corona and VRay are much more targeted to European users and all these conferences are centered overseas; we tend to feel neglected in that regard over here.

+1

2019-08-15, 22:27:25
Reply #3

cgbeast

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I second that...I'm in California, and there never seems to be any master classes for either in SF.  Always in LA if I'm lucky.

2019-10-15, 09:02:58
Reply #4

IsmaeL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The survey seams to be closed down, just mentioning it in case something isn't working.

We have been using Corona in a production environment for about two years. I remember playing with the Alpha version back in 2014 and I'm following the development closely since then.

The most important aspect for me is the simplicity of Corona. It has all the tools that you could want (there are always things we dream of having) and they work very intuitively. The last time I used Vray I almost got a heart attack. It seams like I always have to battle around with Vray in order to get the result I want. For us the UI is an important part of Corona, the simple framebuffer and the ease of use for lightmix, makes it a great tool.

Simply put, we get a consistent experience out of Corona that we never really had with Vray. That doesn't mean there are no bugs and that things go wrong ;D

Hope this helps
Falling in love with Corona

2019-11-12, 07:50:12
Reply #5

doomgrave

• Users
    • View Profile
I think nowaday you need to have both installed on every system cause good quality assets generally are found for both render engines.
To me VRAY has better performance, but CORONA has faster setup time and a better VFB, it's easier to find the perfect EV and the post production it's much better in Corona, so less need of a photoshop pass.

2020-03-26, 18:13:37
Reply #6

tomahawks619

• Users
    • View Profile
I have been using Vray since college and well into my professional life but recently switched to Corona .

I would have to say Corona is much better at handling displacement and the material editor shows exactly what you will get in your scene which for some reason Vray is bad at . I completely switched over when I realized Megascan materials work really well in Corona over Vray for some reason. Very less tweaking required in Corona compared to Vray.

Only time I prefer using Vray over Corona would be animation but even that is changing with how Corona is being updated