Author Topic: Sundspromenaden 23  (Read 1666 times)

2019-06-04, 15:51:21

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Hey everyone, this is a portfolio piece I worked on last year. I go to this area of Malmo every time I visit, it's such a cool little neighborhood and it seems to be ever expanding. Originally started this project from a photo I took, so it was a lot of fun trying to guess/figure out all the dimensions as the project evolved.

Let us know what you think!

2019-06-04, 21:30:45
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Channeling your inner BertrandB ? :- ).

I think the first one looks great. I think the second suffers from the foreground water. Not only does the water look very CGI-ish due to the unnatural eveneness of noise and odd scale, usually when shot like this would be taken at this light, the shutter would be long enough (even if it's just 1-2 seconds) that the water would be motion blurred. This would nicely put focus on the building.

(Simulating motion blurred river is not hard but simple reflection glossiness makes similar effect).
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-06-05, 17:20:31
Reply #2

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Haha. Thanks Juraj. Really good observation about the shutter speed, I wish I had thought of that originally as it was a bit of a pain to figure out the best compromise on the water originally. Just had to quickly reopen the project and rerender with that advice. Definitely an improvement.