Author Topic: Phoenix in corona  (Read 1779 times)

2019-07-17, 17:56:48

aref3dsmax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. can we export from Phoenix FD?
in corona we have any control fire effect in phoenix . for example we cant decrease fire brightness

2019-07-18, 10:38:35
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If you have Phoenix FD installed, you can use it to control your fire.
If you don't have Phoenix, you will have to export your fire to Open VDB format and then load it through Corona Volume Grid - https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000045276
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-07-20, 19:03:03
Reply #2

aref3dsmax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks. yes of course I have phoenix fd.
but I cant any way export from phoenix . I cant find any document on doc.choasgroup about export fire or smoke. just text without any picture! or video tutorials.
its worked for me with output as OpenVFD files. many thanks.

2019-07-21, 18:48:03
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You shouldn't need to export in order to render, you can render directly using the controls in PhoenixFD. If you are having problems with the PhoenixFD direct render not looking right, probably best is to share the resulting images and settings (or making life easier, you could share the scene via private uploader, see https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max which includes the link for the private uploader).

Exporting to OpenVFB would be for sending the file to someone who doesn't have PhoenixFD installed but wants to render it - but with PhoenixFD you can render directly, and use the usual controls in Phoenix to manage how everything looks. Are these settings ones that work under some other render engine?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us