Author Topic: FOG problem..  (Read 2398 times)

2019-10-28, 23:48:22

mateusz_s

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
Is something wrong with the volume material?
- If I put volume material into global volume slot and try different distance values I only get my scene brighter or darker, I mean the whole image - I don't  have the fog effect that grades visibility..
- So I put the volume material into box object, I it worked OK but, the camera can't be inside..

Is it a bug?

2019-10-29, 12:28:48
Reply #1

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmm, i am always have problem with understanding VolumeMtl and thought what i am so stupid.
Recently also rendering with fog and no luck in nice result in global slot, and have to make box with volumeMtl with hole for camera link this box to camera and lock movement and rotation in some axis so i can move camera and box will follow with right position.

There is also other strange things in corona...like difference displacement for bitmap and corona loader or crash with xref and reset custom shader for xref objects at loading scene... but looks for others it's all work fine
« Last Edit: 2019-10-29, 12:33:09 by sprayer »

2019-10-29, 13:49:38
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
And example render, with volume settings, would be useful here - or best yet, the scene itself (https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max). Distance values are very scene scale dependent (fog across a room different from fog across a field) so would really need to see something of your set up to know more. Cheers!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-10-29, 14:21:00
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Since we have multiple reports in this thread, it would be great if you guys (both mateusz_s and sprayer) could contact us about them at support@corona-renderer.com or here https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
We would love to take a look at what you are reporting and see if we can offer solutions or fix something in Corona.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-10-29, 16:09:02
Reply #4

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Volume Material is impossible to use in large scale scenes. What is the status of the long requested cheap aerial perspective?

2019-12-15, 14:11:34
Reply #5

urbanite

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would love to see something like  vrayaerial perspective in Corona.  This is only thing that keeps me away from this renderer.