Author Topic: VFB different result than Picture Viewer  (Read 442 times)

2019-11-07, 11:02:53

vedat.afuzi.design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I am wondering if there is a solution for my problem.

As the topic says my Corona VFB shows a different result than the rendering in my Picture Viewer or when I render thrue my Viewport. It's in every scene or post-effects. They seem not to be the same. The Viewport and Picture Viewer give me a darker and more contrasty image in the shadows and dark areas. Even when I save the rendering as jpg (8-bit) or hdr/exr (32-bit). Something is weird and very annoying. I would like to have the result which I get from my Corona VFB.

Hopefully somebody can help me.

THX and see you!

2019-11-08, 14:58:37
Reply #1

beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi, do you have the "use photographic exposure" enabled?

2019-11-09, 14:26:02
Reply #2

vedat.afuzi.design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi beanzvision,

no this function is not aktivated. I am wondering am I the only one who is hitting this issue? I would suggest to test it on your machine. The VFB looks right. But the Picture Viewer, the Viewport Rendering and the Saved file (8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit files) looks darker like there is different colour proifle or wrong gamma etc. I don't know what it is but its very very annoying. I hope you can help me. I want exactly the result of my VFB of Corona Renderer.

Thanks

2019-11-11, 08:29:54
Reply #3

nkilar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hmm, is the difference big or small? I remember there being issues with a small gamma difference in the past...

2019-11-11, 19:08:16
Reply #4

vedat.afuzi.design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The difference is actually big (for me) beacuse I loose all the information/details in the dark areas which are very important. I don't think that I am the only one who is facing this problem. :(

2019-11-12, 10:07:16
Reply #5

beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
The difference is actually big (for me) beacuse I loose all the information/details in the dark areas which are very important. I don't think that I am the only one who is facing this problem. :(
If you can send us your scene that would be great! Also, what version of Corona, Cinema and operating system are you using?
https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2019-11-12, 11:32:53
Reply #6

vedat.afuzi.design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually on every Machine I am working on I can see this problem. Anyways I will uplad a small scene where you can have a look.

I am always using the latest version. Now I am using Cinema 4D R21 on Windows 10 v1903

OS-Build: 18362.418

Full-speed non-debug version
Build timestamp: Nov  5 2019 15:06:26
Version: 5.0 daily Nov  5 2019 (core 5 (Release Candidate 4))
Cinema version: R21.026 Cinema 4D (mutli-license)
Plugin status: Plugin successfully loaded

Thanks for your help!

2019-11-13, 10:06:24
Reply #7

vedat.afuzi.design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@beanzvision I just uploaded the scene file for you. I also prepared a small Photoshop file for you. I hope this problem will be solved very soon.

2019-11-14, 12:31:40
Reply #8

beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
@beanzvision I just uploaded the scene file for you. I also prepared a small Photoshop file for you. I hope this problem will be solved very soon.
Hi, thanks a lot. Taking a look now!

2019-11-14, 13:58:13
Reply #9

vedat.afuzi.design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, thanks a lot. Taking a look now!

Thanks you so much!