Author Topic: Corona Framebuffer not saving background with exr format?  (Read 1267 times)

2020-01-27, 05:39:09

slowgojoe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey, this is very likely not a corona issue, but i'm not sure where else to ask, and, the problem is only present when saving exr's from MAX (I also use c4d regularly).
When I save from the frame buffer, or with batch render, my EXR files don't include the background (HDRI or sky environment). I'm using the EXR-IO plugin for photoshop (version 2.02.00 if it matters. pretty recent), the latest stable build of corona, and am using Max 2020 (update 3).

In my scene here, I'm simply using the "single map" option with an HDRI (corona bitmap) in that slot, and a global volume material. no other overrides enabled.

anyone run into this issue before? I found one other thread but it seemed that person was not using any EXR plugin for Photoshop so the thread was considered resolved.

thanks for any help. Really annoying to think you've saved an image, only to open it later and realize you have to comp in the background again.

-joe

2020-01-27, 10:40:30
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I think you have to load the files with the "Split alpha" option activated, see

https://www.exr-io.com/reading-openexr-files/

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-02-04, 04:07:11
Reply #2

slowgojoe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I see... Yup. that was the issue. thank you :D