Author Topic: Faceting in Render  (Read 285 times)

2020-02-13, 00:53:00

tshelton

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
I am having an issue with these curtains. I rendered it and noticed some really bad faceting. It only shows up when I render, it looks perfect in the viewport. I also tried rendering it with Physical Renderer in Cinema 4D, and it didn't have the issue. I have only seen the issue in Corona. Any ideas what may be going on? When I imported the mesh, it was triangulated. The gray and black curtain are both still triangulated, the white one I ran the untriangulate command and it didn't solve the issue.


2020-02-13, 10:08:22
Reply #1

JViz

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
    • Behance
try this. apply normal and normal modifiers then smooth auto modifier.
ignore that actually, that's for 3ds max
Although a purist, my work is anything but.
https://www.behance.net/ImageInnate

2020-02-13, 10:20:45
Reply #2

Nejc Kilar

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 867
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Have you tried messing around with the Phong tag?

2020-02-13, 16:45:39
Reply #3

tshelton

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Yeah I messed with the phong tag but didn't have any luck. I deleted it and re added it, I also changed the angle and that didn't help either.

2020-02-13, 16:49:11
Reply #4

beanzvision

  • Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • ****
  • Posts: 1471
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi, are you able to share the scene with us via our private uploader?
https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2020-02-13, 17:04:14
Reply #5

tshelton

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
I have uploaded that file

2020-02-14, 12:50:31
Reply #6

beanzvision

  • Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • ****
  • Posts: 1471
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Thanks for the file. I have looked at the scene and have made a few small changes. I untriangulated all the curtains, selected all the points and then used the optimized command to make sure nothing was disconnected. The phong tag wasn't doing its job so I created a sphere and copied the tag from that to the curtains. Finally, I dropped everything into an SDS modifier to add additional smoothing (this is optional of course). And I get the result as follows:

I'll send you a PM with the updated zip.