Author Topic: Start / Stop Intereactive Button + Render Button  (Read 10069 times)

2015-02-26, 01:50:55

siadebisi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,
i just dowloaded your great 1.00 Version and i like the Button for Interactive Rendering under "General Setup". When i want to stop the interactive to save CPU Performance and press Start again the Rendering starts.

In my opinion a "Restart Interactive" Button would be a nice thing here ;)

2015-02-26, 09:52:31
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not sure i understood your request the way you wanted, but there is a way to start interactive rendering directly from VFB. Just press and hold regular Render button and another button will pop out, which will let you start interactive rendering.

Also, you can limit for how many passes interactive render will calculate after each change: Render Setup>Performance>Performance Settings>Interactive Rendering> Max Passes
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-02-26, 10:04:15
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
He is talking about a pause button for IR. I believe this will be added in the future.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-02-26, 10:09:01
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Isn't it the same as pressing STOP and START IR again?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-02-26, 10:57:51
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hmm. You are right. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-03-05, 05:22:57
Reply #5

siadebisi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It´s nearly the same ;) I just would like to habe the Button on the Vitrual Frame Buffer Window ;) I can´t start IR with the "normal" Render- Buttons. Can you assign Corona as Active Shade in the Assign Renderer Tab? When i start Iteractive or Active Shade the Pop- Up Windows are static. I need to get to Scene -> General Settings -> Start Interactive or "enable" IR in one of the Viewports. Is this any different than your configuration?

2015-03-05, 11:06:12
Reply #6

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
If you press (long press) the "Render" button in the VFB, you can see the "Start IR" button.

Code: [Select]
macroScript startInteractive
category: "Corona Renderer"
(
if classof renderers.current == CoronaRenderer do CoronaRenderer.startInteractive()
)

This is the script for "Lunch IR" shortcut

2015-03-17, 15:25:11
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
there were some workarounds suggested, so this is solved for now - although there will be some changes in the UI of VFB in the future.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-23, 23:41:36
Reply #8

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+ 1 for "pause" IR. I know this thread has been closed for now, but this feature is really needed. Not just for floating IR but also for viewport IR. I'm mostly (almost only) using IR in a viewport, and the only way to stop or pause it rendering to free up system resources, is to switch view (leaving IR mode). And then the opposite way to activate it. Not at all a quick way.

I think a nice and easy way to do it in both modes, is like most media players do it: click in the viewport, and it'll stop or start, depending on the current status. When in "pause" the well known pause sign [II] could be shown in the render view.

Hope these ideas will find it's way into a great renderer :)