Author Topic: Can you please see this render and help me make it more realistic  (Read 3078 times)

2015-09-19, 09:55:45

abdobelk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • abdobelk.com
Hello,

I'm new to Corona (Less than a week), I followed some basic tutorials and tried to re-render this scene I already rendered with Mental Ray.
I noticed that Corona is much better than mr, but this render still doesn't look realistic to me, I went up to 313 passes. I think the overall lighting still needs some tweaking, or maybe some materials need a little of self illuminating...

Can you please tell me what you think?

Greetings

Devigner / 3D Artist
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3D specs:
3ds Max 2016 | Dual Xeon x5675 @3GHz*12 | 64Go RAM | Nvidia Quadro 5000

2015-09-19, 11:21:15
Reply #1

Cyanhide

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well firstly, your image is underexposed. It needs to brighten up.
Secondly, use better textures. The sofa has terrible tiling taking place.
Also, corona is very bump sensitive, so you might wanna tone it down.

One last thing, I don't understand the need for the yellow box and the weird Egyptian chair.

2015-09-19, 11:27:32
Reply #2

abdobelk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • abdobelk.com
Yeah you're right, to be honest I didn't use proper textures/UV Mapping, I'll have to work on that.

Haha (weird Egyptian chair), it looks odd with the overall interior, that was an object I modeled long ago and for some reason I imported it :)

Thank you
Devigner / 3D Artist
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3D specs:

2015-09-19, 11:29:39
Reply #3

Cyanhide

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Your Welcome.

3Dsky.org has some nice free sofa models, might wanna look it up.

2015-09-19, 11:33:21
Reply #4

abdobelk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • abdobelk.com
Hmm, interesting website, it looks good!

That horrible sofa was downloaded from archive3d.net, I noticed that objects on this website lacks smoothing..

Thank you
Devigner / 3D Artist
3D specs:

2015-09-19, 15:16:52
Reply #5

Brock_Lafond

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The floor looks a bit too reflective. Try turning down the glossiness.

Add some kind of seperator for the floor and walls; some kind of trim or moulding.

I think the image could use some DOF; everything is too clear and in focus.

Try lowering the camera. The current perspective makes it look as though we are looking through the eyes of a giant.

2015-09-20, 01:42:10
Reply #6

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
actually it is very realistic, in real life with a curtain that is how it would look, you just need now better models, firstly, always use very good models for big elements that draw the eye first like the couch and make sure it has good mapping, there are many online, just pick and use or make one, not so hard, other than that, always radius edges and make sure materials look like real life materials but imho your halfway there
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970

2015-09-20, 11:12:16
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Two big windows on opposite walls covered with thick curtain... seems like perfect recipe for very soft, yet flat and boring lighting. Also your room and furniture are very symetrical, which in this case doesn't add too much to aesthetics of this picture, IMHO. Then materials... don't forget that materials has much more slots, not only diffuse. Don't be affraid to use them. Remember that each material has reflection and no reflection is perfect.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-10-30, 19:53:09
Reply #8

F13Design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • F13 Design Studio, LLC
It is a good start. I think the warm feeling of the space is nice, but I agree with the earlier comments and that would be to maybe open the curtains on the side the sun is coming from and let some of that sunshine spill into the space. Changing that might lend to some darkening where your corners of your room are, looks to be evenly lit causing it to look a bit flat. Also, maybe change the Point of View. The view might be lacking some interest in your space. Another comment made earlier about the floor being reflective. It could be that reflective but you might be able to see the separation of the planks of wood. You should see some joints. Just my opinion.  Keep us posted of your progress.
Michael Secrist
F13 Design Studio, LLC
www.f13design.com