Poll

3 features you want the most:

PBR Style material (Disney, Unreal Engine, etc..)
49 (10.1%)
Production-ready caustics
35 (7.2%)
Refraction/Reflection working with masking render elements (CMasking_Mask,CTexmap, etc...)
21 (4.3%)
Render-time booleans (cut/slice objects)
20 (4.1%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
4 (0.8%)
Memory optimization (lower memory usage in 3ds Max; not out-of-core)
35 (7.2%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
55 (11.4%)
Displacement improvements (2D displacement, autobump, memory efficiency, ...)
37 (7.6%)
Speed improvements
51 (10.5%)
Cryptomatte
16 (3.3%)
Geopattern
42 (8.7%)
Toon shader
20 (4.1%)
Reworking tone mapping (DSLR-style tonemapping)
70 (14.5%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
19 (3.9%)
Adding own materials to Corona Material Library
10 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 182576 times)

2018-11-26, 12:02:22
Reply #585

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't know, since i discovered Connecter, Corona library lost its appeal for me.

2018-11-26, 12:17:14
Reply #586

Juraj Talcik

• Active Users
  • Tinkering away
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I also hope much resources won't be wasted on this. Connecter (free) or SigerLibrary (the empty one without materials is super cheap) are million years more advanced already right now.
talcikdemovicova.com  Website and blog
be.net/jurajtalcik    My Behance portfolio
lysfaere.com   Something new

2018-11-30, 04:01:28
Reply #587

paulosamsam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ornatrix hair motion blur is essencial... its currently not working...

2018-12-03, 16:43:07
Reply #588

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Coming from using Vray for years we're starting to bend towards Corona more and more.

What I love about Vray - and HATE in Corona is the way the Corona VFB handles renders.

If you store an image in the Corona VFB history you can only save out the base image.

Render elements aren't saved into the history so you can't save out any render elements.

In Vray - If you double click a render in the history, it opens up in the VFB (and loads elements in too).  You can then 'Save All'

In Corona I don't think you can do it.

Is there a fix/workaround for that?

2018-12-05, 17:52:16
Reply #589

oddvisionary

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance | Artstation : artstation.com/oddvisionary
Coming from using Vray for years we're starting to bend towards Corona more and more.

What I love about Vray - and HATE in Corona is the way the Corona VFB handles renders.

If you store an image in the Corona VFB history you can only save out the base image.

Render elements aren't saved into the history so you can't save out any render elements.

In Vray - If you double click a render in the history, it opens up in the VFB (and loads elements in too).  You can then 'Save All'

In Corona I don't think you can do it.

Is there a fix/workaround for that?

I don't want to be mean but you cannot say you hate it if you haven't learn it yet. Yes you can, actually Corona VFB is very flexible and easy.

How to : Corona VFB Window > Save Icon > Put the mouse OVER and HOLD > Save as CXR = Corona own format for saving all the elements you added.

Now you can close Max or C4D, and open the CXR file using Corona Image Editor, you have all your render elements + post FX + light mix.

Let me know if you need more help.
- Jin
Post-Prod Generalist : Cg Generalist & VFX Designer / Editor & Colorist - Sound Effect Recordist & Designer

Corona Discord server : https://discord.gg/2uxq8EA