Poll

3 features you want the most:

PBR Style material (Disney, Unreal Engine, etc..)
22 (13.2%)
Refraction/Reflection working with masking render elements (CMasking_Mask,CTexmap, etc...)
13 (7.8%)
Render-time booleans (cut/slice objects)
12 (7.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
0 (0%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
26 (15.6%)
Speed improvements
14 (8.4%)
Cryptomatte
5 (3%)
Geopattern
25 (15%)
Sketch/Toon shader
7 (4.2%)
Reworking tone mapping (DSLR-style tonemapping)
34 (20.4%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
2 (1.2%)
Adding own materials to Corona Material Library
7 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 226880 times)

2018-11-03, 06:49:20
Reply #555

oddvisionary

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance | Artstation : artstation.com/oddvisionary
I've removed the bidirectional path tracing, as it is implemented now. You can remove your votes and then vote again with some different third feature.

This is still not fully functional. At least not in C4D (some stuff are not supported) but New Intelligent Caustics Methods is coming soon™ so it should not be an issue for too long I guess.
Freelance Post-Prod / Lighting & Look Dev 3D Generalist | VFX Designer | Sound Effect Recordist & Sound Designer

Corona Discord server : https://discord.gg/2uxq8EA

2018-11-03, 06:50:14
Reply #556

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Red and high end cinema cameras which look super flat like this :

I think the point of having tone mapping like DSLR consumer cameras is to have renders "ready-made" like the photos we are most used to seeing everyday.

2018-11-03, 06:53:48
Reply #557

oddvisionary

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Red and high end cinema cameras which look super flat like this :

I think the point of having tone mapping like DSLR consumer cameras is to have renders "ready-made" like the photos we are most used to seeing everyday.

That's just the LOG space...It has nothing to do with what I say. I'm talking about dynamic range, sensor wise, like the actual sensor capabilities, before it even gets built inside the camera. There is more than just dynamic range but I'm not going deeper on this subject.

I think DSLR tonemap is something close to what Fstorm has ? Dubcat said it has something close to ACES, no official info on it. Waiting for Ondra to bright us out regarding Corona new tonemapping.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-03, 06:57:39 by oddvisionary »
Freelance Post-Prod / Lighting & Look Dev 3D Generalist | VFX Designer | Sound Effect Recordist & Sound Designer

2018-11-03, 06:56:02
Reply #558

oddvisionary

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Clearcoat too please.
Getting a bit silly that its been asked for since beta and not addressed. Doesnt even seem to be on the trello.

Added to the roadmap : https://trello.com/c/JSS9VS64/161-clearcoat-material

2018-11-04, 20:57:35
Reply #559

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Clearcoat too please.
Getting a bit silly that its been asked for since beta and not addressed. Doesnt even seem to be on the trello.

Added to the roadmap : https://trello.com/c/JSS9VS64/161-clearcoat-material

So it has. Great news!

2018-11-06, 01:24:50
Reply #560

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad to see the poll reset has brought some new stuff to the top

2018-11-06, 11:21:26
Reply #561

Juraj Talcik

• Active Users
  • Tinkering away
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I seriously couldn't pick my top 3 :- D Outside of advanced PBR shader (with metalness workflow option, integrated Coating, Fabric Sheen,etc..), better tonemapping (proper filmic or something else), and caustics (real functioning) I would love to see Geopattern and GPU stuff as well.
talcikdemovicova.com  Website and blog
be.net/jurajtalcik   Our studio Behance portfolio
Instagram   Our studio Instagram, managed by Veronika

2018-11-06, 11:32:21
Reply #562

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
I've said it before, but I think real, realistically usable caustics will actually bring about quite a significant improvement in image realism and aesthetics across CG as a whole, so this will always be at the top of my list.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-11-06, 12:50:12
Reply #563

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
added one new crazy idea...
Rendering is magic.
Private scene uploader | How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-11-06, 13:04:25
Reply #564

IsmaeL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
added one new crazy idea...

jajaja for that we would all need quantum computing XD
Falling in love with Corona

2018-11-06, 13:17:11
Reply #565

Juraj Talcik

• Active Users
  • Tinkering away
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Not so crazy, it works fantastically in Blender, but ugh....Blender UI. Never ever gonna be friends.

Of course, would be amazing if this ever made it into 3dsMax. Can ever Corona do it ? Or does Autodesk need to be begged to collaborate.
talcikdemovicova.com  Website and blog
be.net/jurajtalcik   Our studio Behance portfolio
Instagram   Our studio Instagram, managed by Veronika

2018-11-06, 17:04:03
Reply #566

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Love the idea Ondra. Would be sp cool but not as useful as the PBR Material and geopattern nudge nudge wink wink know what i mean? ;)

2018-11-06, 17:39:14
Reply #567

oddvisionary

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've said it before, but I think real, realistically usable caustics will actually bring about quite a significant improvement in image realism and aesthetics across CG as a whole, so this will always be at the top of my list.

People just under-rate "caustics" and perceive it as a "fancy rendering thing" while it's surrounding us every day in real life on some daily simple objects.

I paid more attention since I made some study/used caustics in 3D and it's crazy how many times I saw caustics coming out from simple plastic reflection (strong caustics) and of course metallic/glass etc.

Especially in Arch Viz/kitchen but not only. Automotive has it too and not only on wheels or paint. So many exemples....Glad I'm not the only one.

2018-11-07, 16:18:55
Reply #568

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Not so crazy, it works fantastically in Blender, but ugh....Blender UI. Never ever gonna be friends.

Of course, would be amazing if this ever made it into 3dsMax. Can ever Corona do it ? Or does Autodesk need to be begged to collaborate.

I'll just leave this here...

2018-11-07, 17:31:54
Reply #569

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OK, that's fancy! But that's typically the kind of stuff that will remain on the bottom of my most wanted feature list. You know, the kind of stuff that works well with a teapot and a cylinder but not that much with a real production scene...

Let's concentrate on what offer real value and most importantly fix things that are not working properly since ages (like reflection override for example).