Author Topic: Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D Beta 1 Release Candidate  (Read 40824 times)

2017-12-22, 18:16:14

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

If you have not been following the development through the Daily Builds we are pleased to announce that Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D Beta 1 is released!

Link to the blog announcement:
https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-for-cinema-4d-beta-1-release-candidate-1-released/

Nikola

2017-12-23, 09:08:05
Reply #1

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-12-23, 10:57:14
Reply #2

mitchino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Material Stacking! YAY! what a wonderful christmas present, congratulations to the team.

2017-12-23, 14:30:19
Reply #3

mitchino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Been playing with material stacking, it doesn't support materials with displacement? Is that on the roadmap?

I often render labels with embosses and debosses, with foils and inks on top etc, and usually have a base material with displacement for the embossing and then I stack materials on top for the foils and inks etc.

Would be great if Corona could support that workflow.

2017-12-27, 14:08:57
Reply #4

indexofrefraction

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nice, thanks to the corona team!

may 2018 bring us finally a good renderer to work with for the next years! :)

best, index
« Last Edit: 2017-12-27, 19:59:06 by indexofrefraction »

2018-01-06, 23:17:48
Reply #5

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I hope there will be dailies for the Beta 2 cycle again.
Anyway, a great result so far and an already very useful and stable renderer.

All the best,
Michael

2018-01-07, 15:39:29
Reply #6

berdus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you:)

edit:
I hope node based system comes very fast. Many thanks indeed.

2018-01-08, 11:44:03
Reply #7

Dexyd

• Active Users
  • Don't be a thief of your own life....
    • View Profile
    • Dexyd
thank you:)

edit:
I hope node based system comes very fast. Many thanks indeed.

My thoughts exactly.

2018-01-08, 15:47:06
Reply #8

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys,
the offset film x of the camera is not synchronized with the Corona, (only in the viewport render)
I attach the file to reproduce the bug.
thank you

2018-01-09, 11:04:57
Reply #9

HenrikH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you guys!
Keep up the fantastic work!

2018-01-09, 13:06:28
Reply #10

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

release candidate 2 of Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 is out.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rUctswGPIeucE9JtjdQrzY3JZq67HNgw

Changes:

2018-01-09, 13:43:30
Reply #11

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys,
the offset film x of the camera is not synchronized with the Corona, (only in the viewport render)
I attach the file to reproduce the bug.
thank you

Hi Nikola,

this will be solved in the next build?
thanks

2018-01-09, 13:49:54
Reply #12

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Fabio and thanks for the scene! We were solving mostly crashes in the recent build, but we can look at your issue now.

2018-01-09, 13:58:57
Reply #13

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you're right,  it was a small bug!
for the rest, great job guys! :D

2018-01-09, 14:18:49
Reply #14

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Ok, I just tried it and it works, kind of. The camera offset moves in the same direction as in C4D, but it's slightly off, so when the offset is high enough in C4D, it will be a bit different in Corona. Is that what you meant, Fabio?

2018-01-09, 14:34:21
Reply #15

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the X offset is not updated during a render done in the viewport

2018-01-09, 14:39:22
Reply #16

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Yes, that's what I am telling you - the X offset works, but not exactly. There is some mismatch between the C4D viewport and the render. But if you change the X offset, the image in the render is offset too. It's just offset incorrectly. We will need to tweak this.

2018-01-09, 14:44:32
Reply #17

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
exactly, if you change the X axis it is offset correctly from the final rendering in the VFB while doing a render region does not match.
thanks

2018-01-09, 15:59:22
Reply #18

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
Hi Corona Team,

I tried the last build, but unfortunately the corona proxy are broke. They render white (without texture)

Back to the 27.11.17 build !

Chears. Rémi

2018-01-09, 16:58:33
Reply #19

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes Im getting that two with an old scene now not applying textures to some proxy trees. I'm using the beta 1 release from the end of last month.

2018-01-10, 09:23:56
Reply #20

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, that's what I am telling you - the X offset works, but not exactly. There is some mismatch between the C4D viewport and the render. But if you change the X offset, the image in the render is offset too. It's just offset incorrectly. We will need to tweak this.

Could that be connected to the bug with the camera projection types?
I reported a bug (ID:0002917) a while ago that when using parallel camera projection and rendering in viewport the results are incorrect (region render and C4D's native interactive render region) but when rendered to Corona VFB or C4D's picture viewer (interactive and final) results are correct.

I also remember someone else reporting some issues with the isometric projection.
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0

2018-01-10, 11:02:29
Reply #21

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Regarding Team Render, on the Beta 1 release notes it says TR is just about there aside from not being able to stop by noise thresh or time. I fired it up over 4 machines the other day to try it out for a single image and found it was actually slower than using a single machine (set to 12 passes + denoise). All 4 have plenty of RAM and cores to do the job and its using a 1GB network (approx 110mb transfer speed). Granted I just used default TR chunk size in the corona settings but any time advantage was negated by the time it took to feed all the strips of data back in to the main image. The image takes about 1 hr on a 16core threadripper but it was over 1:20 when I finally stopped it with TR waiting for chunks from two nodes. I tested other scenes as well that did finish but took the same on 4 machines as on 1 machine. Perhaps I should tinker with the TR settings but I would have assumed this was a typical situation with a 1GB network. The initial load up took a few more minutes than on the local machine but that was sending assets over and its a largish scene so probably to be expected.

The rendering time stats seem to add up and the time is good when it says its finished rendering - only Im left looking at half an image and its gradually filling in like a scanline render. Any suggestions?

Also as a side note I got the wrong gamma and double LUT application issue after I adjusted the tone mapping after one of the tests had finished rendering. I couldnt get it back to its original state even with the original tone map settings.

(R18.048 + 22nd Dec build).
« Last Edit: 2018-01-10, 11:06:37 by Rhodesy »

2018-01-10, 18:24:51
Reply #22

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Rob,

Thank you for the testing. Some people already reported that rendering using TR is slower than rendering on the local machine, but we are not able to reproduce the problem. I tested it again (big scene, 12 passes, 12000x7200, 3 machines and TR is ~ 3x faster than local rendering. Can you please send me console outputs from all Teamrender clients. Can you please also test whether rendering a lot of passes when 1 pass doesn't take too much time has the same (TR vs local) problem as rendering fewer passes which takes longer time?

Thank you
Nikola

2018-01-10, 20:55:45
Reply #23

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Just wanted to say that layered materials don't update in the latest beta. They did in the previous version. Would be nice if that could be fixed.

2018-01-11, 10:24:51
Reply #24

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Rob,

Thank you for the testing. Some people already reported that rendering using TR is slower than rendering on the local machine, but we are not able to reproduce the problem. I tested it again (big scene, 12 passes, 12000x7200, 3 machines and TR is ~ 3x faster than local rendering. Can you please send me console outputs from all Teamrender clients. Can you please also test whether rendering a lot of passes when 1 pass doesn't take too much time has the same (TR vs local) problem as rendering fewer passes which takes longer time?

Thank you
Nikola

Thanks Nikola. I will when I get a bit of time to test it hopefully later. In terms of the size the final image size was only 5K but the scene from memory is approx 2GB with assets and then the textures on top of that. So the warm up time was about 5-6 mins from memory which is fine if the rendering is quick. The time it reported to get through the number of passes was quick. The problem came with showing the output in the PV/VFB. When it said it finished rendering it only showed half the image and then to get all the chunks from the nodes to finish the image it lost any time it gained from the rendering. So in summary if the PV info is correct - the load time is probably as expected, the rendering is fast but the gathering of the chunks is really slow. As said I havent adjusted the corona TR chunk size settings. TRs own speed test is reporting 110mbs for each node so it should be able to shift over all the info. Certainly one scene had several multipass elements which might effect it?

2018-01-12, 19:57:08
Reply #25

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
- "Interactive rendering" can not zoom out to see full view, only in render...!
- Image set to Corona Bitmap... turns to black...?
- In Reflection, texture in glossiness with color mix shader, Interactive rendering shows full strength of texture even texture Mix Strength to 10% but in render its fine.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-13, 09:40:05 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-13, 12:07:53
Reply #26

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
just try the bloom and glare under studio r19 OS X Yosemite... during rendering under corona VFB a strange blink appear during setting up the bloom and glare values... and generally VFB don't work well when setting up the value... just take a look at this video I quickly made with phone just to see you what happen...

link to wetransfer:

https://we.tl/RdbR8H2zE4

2018-01-14, 14:34:14
Reply #27

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the include/exclude object option for lights I think don't work at all... cinema 4d r19 studio and OS X yosemite.....

2018-01-14, 14:39:25
Reply #28

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
the include/exclude object option for lights I think don't work at all... cinema 4d r19 studio and OS X yosemite.....

In R18, OS X... its working.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-14, 16:44:02
Reply #29

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Works also on R19(win).
Is it something specific like reflection that you're having problems with?
Also when the scene is complex with multiple lights, the bounced light still hits the excluded object and it might look as if nothing changed.

2018-01-14, 17:20:44
Reply #30

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Works also on R19(win).
Is it something specific like reflection that you're having problems with?
Also when the scene is complex with multiple lights, the bounced light still hits the excluded object and it might look as if nothing changed.

no complex scene... only 2 light.... 1 with excluded object... but this not work....

2018-01-14, 17:22:59
Reply #31

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
strange question mark in bump channel with normal map... look at the picture and the example scene posted... cinema 4d r19 OS X yosemite...

2018-01-15, 07:54:00
Reply #32

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
strange question mark in bump channel with normal map... look at the picture and the example scene posted... cinema 4d r19 OS X yosemite...

Your normal map appears to be super strong and it is probably creating those shading problems. Try toning it down to see if it helps :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2018-01-15, 09:10:50
Reply #33

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Your normal map appears to be super strong and it is probably creating those shading problems. Try toning it down to see if it helps :)

i try to modify tone .. try to create again normal channel... etc.... the problem still appear... and also I don't know why the question mark appear in the bump channel...

2018-01-15, 09:32:08
Reply #34

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Does it happen even if your normal strength is set to something low like 1%?

The missing icon is "OK" because afaik the devs haven't fixed it yet. It works but its showing up like a missing texture right now. Don't worry about that one.

2018-01-15, 10:14:32
Reply #35

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does it happen even if your normal strength is set to something low like 1%?

The missing icon is "OK" because afaik the devs haven't fixed it yet. It works but its showing up like a missing texture right now. Don't worry about that one.

keeping strength like 1% does have no sense... don't you think?? after this  the same project but opened in R17 with the last alpha A6 of corona, works fine and have no problem....

2018-01-15, 12:25:04
Reply #36

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
To be honest I think it depends on your normal map. I have normal maps where 10% means I'll see every splinter bumping out of a wood surface while with some other normal maps I need to up that amount to like 50%.

From my experience whenever I've went to high with the normal map strength I got a similar effect to yours.

edit: Man I am so sorry, I totally misread your post. You are basically asking why there is the missing texture flag there right?

Yeah, nothing to do with you or your C4D. Like I said before, its working as intended and I presume the devs will eventually make it display a proper preview / icon. The fact that it shows it as missing is not a problem.

Initially I thought you were experiencing shading errors that offset your texture / create other shading problems. That said, when I opened your file I did notice that your normal map is too strong and it creates a faceted look on the sphere. You'll probably need to tone that down.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-15, 12:30:00 by nkilar »

2018-01-15, 14:10:45
Reply #37

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Initially I thought you were experiencing shading errors that offset your texture / create other shading problems. That said, when I opened your file I did notice that your normal map is too strong and it creates a faceted look on the sphere. You'll probably need to tone that down.

i don't know if that normal create problem or not... i only know that till alpha a6 everything works fine... sphere preview and material results with normal... now i don't know if this material works fine, but like you could see in the preview the faceted sphere let me think that there is something wrong... the normal map it is ok.. work fine on the previous version of corona and also works fine with other render engine....

2018-01-15, 14:55:41
Reply #38

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Well I'm sorry if I am repeating myself but if the only thing that is bothering you is the "missing texture" icon then you can safely ignore it. It works.

For the facets, that happens when you have a really rough / strong normal plugged in so if you hit render in your scene you'll probably see the polygons on that sphere. That is "normal" for Corona and you'll need to adjust the strength value to an earthly value :)

2018-01-15, 18:43:01
Reply #39

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well I'm sorry if I am repeating myself but if the only thing that is bothering you is the "missing texture" icon then you can safely ignore it. It works.

For the facets, that happens when you have a really rough / strong normal plugged in so if you hit render in your scene you'll probably see the polygons on that sphere. That is "normal" for Corona and you'll need to adjust the strength value to an earthly value :)

this is due at something changed from alpha a6 and the last rc1 beta 1 ? cause in the last alpha a6 it works fine... same object... same project.. same material... same normal setting... probably in the last RC1 beta 1 normal setup is changed....

2018-01-15, 19:01:36
Reply #40

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Liquid glass bottle.... liquid object is off (traffic lights) and IR is running with glass bottle and if liquid object on (traffic lights)... C4D quits, I checked this few time and every time same. Please see if anyone else can test this and c4d quits or not....!

Thanks.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-15, 19:16:09
Reply #41

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@ Walterfog

IMHO, your example shows "How Normal Maps should NOT be handled".

If you want stronger bump effect, use the normal texture under Corona Normal shader (as it is meant & clear the mess) then set Strength to 1000% or more (it goes pass 100% but you must input the value manually - type it in).

eg

enjoy

Liquid glass bottle.... liquid object is off (traffic lights) and IR is running with glass bottle and if liquid object on (traffic lights)... C4D quits, I checked this few time and every time same. Please see if anyone else can test this and c4d quits or not....!

Thanks.

Please, stop rumbling & posting all over... rather keep your stuff together, read & learn.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-15, 19:21:45 by burnin »

2018-01-16, 09:04:49
Reply #42

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@ Walterfog

IMHO, your example shows "How Normal Maps should NOT be handled".

my example show how normal map work correctly till the last alpha A6 of corona... if  now the way to handle normal is changed, then I have to change all material with normal map....

2018-01-16, 10:01:27
Reply #43

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
The normal maps work fine. burnin and he previous posters already said everything.
A while ago, in your thread, we have "found out" that Corona uses DX maps(flip Y), but you refused to accept that things are handled differently.

I'm sorry but I made other test, with other normal map and using your method of swapping red or green or both... the result is similar but the corona normal shader don't work well for me, and the results is not equal to the one gives other engine.... the only way to obtain the exact result is using a leveled material as I posted in my scene, and not changing the normal color... OpenGL or direct X I expect that a map, work fine in any engine render...  that's my opinion...

Your expectations of how things ought to be don't matter nor will things change according to them. Just accept it and advance. Do it properly in the future and spare us and yourself the hassle. If you are too lazy to make a small change to your old materials(in case you even need them), then that's your problem.

2018-01-16, 10:57:06
Reply #44

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

Hi iacdxb, could we have your scene? What you are describing should not happen, so there must be something with your scene. Thank you for reporting!

2018-01-16, 10:58:12
Reply #45

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2018-01-16, 13:16:47
Reply #46

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Thanks Houska.
I made a small screen... may be help full for you.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxhgkf0965ejrl3/crash.mp4?dl=0

I will simplify scene file and send you, may I have your email address.
Later I will try some other scene also.

Thanks.

p.s.
sent....!
« Last Edit: 2018-01-16, 13:26:13 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-16, 13:17:21
Reply #47

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
For sending the scene, you can use our private uploader (link is in my forum signature...)

2018-01-16, 13:45:34
Reply #48

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
The scene you sent does not crash for me. What Corona for C4D version do you have?

Also, I noticed that the scene you sent was a little different than the one in the video. That's fine, but just make sure that the modified version also crashes on your PC!

2018-01-16, 13:57:02
Reply #49

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Two label object, I deleted... rest is same. I tried again but same crash.
I am using b1 rc2, mac osx 10.10.5
Evening I will try some other files from home.

« Last Edit: 2018-01-16, 14:16:13 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-16, 14:03:03
Reply #50

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2018-01-16, 14:20:17
Reply #51

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
sent.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-16, 14:58:31
Reply #52

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
So it seems like the culprit is the noise shader in bump slot of the liquid material. We know about this issue, but cannot reproduce it, so it would great if you could help us with this. If you turn off the bump channel, does it still crash? If you change the noise shader to a texture, does it still crash? And if the crash is only present with the noise shader, could you try to tweak the parameters to find out if there's some setting of the noise shader that's causing the crash?

Thank you in advance for your time

2018-01-16, 15:28:37
Reply #53

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
In short some tests.... (following the same process as video)
- without bump works fine.
- noise shader with texture (bitmap), crash.
- I tried with Enhanced C4D noise... crash.
- Bump in texture slot, I tired some other shaders... surface, effects... all crashes.
I think bump channel have some issue. I mean anything in bump texture slot crashes.

Thanks.

p.s.
if any other thing have to check... please let me know.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-16, 18:31:37 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-16, 15:45:56
Reply #54

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The normal maps work fine. burnin and he previous posters already said everything.
A while ago, in your thread, we have "found out" that Corona uses DX maps(flip Y), but you refused to accept that things are handled differently.

I'm sorry but I made other test, with other normal map and using your method of swapping red or green or both... the result is similar but the corona normal shader don't work well for me, and the results is not equal to the one gives other engine.... the only way to obtain the exact result is using a leveled material as I posted in my scene, and not changing the normal color... OpenGL or direct X I expect that a map, work fine in any engine render...  that's my opinion...

Your expectations of how things ought to be don't matter nor will things change according to them. Just accept it and advance. Do it properly in the future and spare us and yourself the hassle. If you are too lazy to make a small change to your old materials(in case you even need them), then that's your problem.

the case I report now i totally different from the post i've posted ago... in fact in the previous post layered normal or corona normal works fine till alpha A5... now i'm reporting that normal done with alpha A6 don't works fine with the last rc1 version ( r19 and OS X yosemite ) ... this are two different thing... if you don't know what i'm discussing and the problem I'm reporting please shut up... maybe you are to lazy to understand what I'm discussing of....

2018-01-16, 16:01:19
Reply #56

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-01-16, 18:00:02
Reply #57

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
@walterfog

Yes, I do have a hard time understanding what your problem is. You're the only one with that problem.
From your last post, I'm not even sure what you mean.

So your botched workflow with normals doesn't work anymore because the normal shader works as it should?
Maybe there were changes, or maybe not? How could we find out?
Maybe one could consult the wise man on the mountain or read the patchlogs! But instead, you meander around on the forum.
Just do it properly from now on and you won't have any problems.

« Last Edit: 2018-01-16, 18:14:12 by Eddoron »

2018-01-16, 18:57:14
Reply #58

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@walterfog

Yes, I do have a hard time understanding what your problem is. You're the only one with that problem.
From your last post, I'm not even sure what you mean.

So your botched workflow with normals doesn't work anymore because the normal shader works as it should?
Maybe there were changes, or maybe not? How could we find out?
Maybe one could consult the wise man on the mountain or read the patchlogs! But instead, you meander around on the forum.
Just do it properly from now on and you won't have any problems.

even with other kind of problems I was the only one... and thanks to Nikola I solved them privately .... unfortunately I do not have any more time to waste with your useless speeches ... do not be sad if you do not understand....

2018-01-16, 20:02:25
Reply #59

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
May I know which new Shaders are coming in Beta 2....?

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-17, 04:53:26
Reply #60

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Thanks for that.

@Houska, night I checked that scene file in home workstation, same crash. It is not only noise texture issue... bump texture slot is not accepting any shader/texture, same time crash if add anything. I think you have to recheck bump channel.

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-17, 11:34:09
Reply #61

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
@Houska, night I checked that scene file in home workstation, same crash. It is not only noise texture issue... bump texture slot is not accepting any shader/texture, same time crash if add anything. I think you have to recheck bump channel.

Unfortunately, it's not anything simple, because it doesn't crash for us even if we try exactly the steps as you showed us in the video. It must be something system-specific. For example, what version of the system do you have? Our Mac user Nik here has High Sierra, but he says that from the bug report it seems like you have Sierra, so I wonder if that could be the cause...

2018-01-17, 11:48:56
Reply #62

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
I wish if I could do more help if... in any of my system runs fine with no crash.
iMac with Yosemite and Mac Pro with High Sierra... in both system its crashing.

May I ask, except bug report what else do you need to check bug why its crashing ...?

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-17, 12:50:11
Reply #63

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
First step is always to try to reproduce it on our PCs. If that's not possible, _BugReport.txt can sometimes reveal the problematic piece of code. Another option is to provide the reporter with a special assert build, which might show some errors and problems in the application logic early on. If that's unsuccessful too, we need to find at least a correlation with something that the reporter has in their system and we don't. If we cannot find that, as a last resort we can connect remotely to the client's PC, with their permission, and we can debug the issue there.

2018-01-22, 13:55:25
Reply #64

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there a way to lock in the view camera in the IPR? Currently as expected if I move to a different editor cam so I can select off screen objects that are for example effecting the scenes shadows the IPR changes to that view so I cant see the effect the changes are having in the main render view.

Also I still have the problem of the IPR resetting all the tone mapping when switching between cameras..

Finally is it right that the IPR has to refresh/re-render even when just editing the tone mapping? Or is that just a current limitation?

Cheers

2018-01-22, 15:24:32
Reply #65

Studio Heisenberg

• Active Users
  • Let's cook
    • View Profile

2018-01-22, 15:52:21
Reply #66

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
If do some undo and IR is running.... IR does not update.
does anyone checked...?
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-23, 11:57:59
Reply #67

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I managed to find workaround for "lock" camera, by going in for example top view and than change it to perspective...

Good tip - I'll give that a go.

2018-01-23, 17:26:49
Reply #68

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

release candidate 3 of Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 is out.

Download link:

Changes:
  • Fixed crash connected to hierarchical material assignments and instances
  • Fixed crashes when "Undo" and "Redo" was used in IR
  • Fixed material assignments for proxies
  • Fixed max distance parameter in AO shader (gamma was applied)
  • Fixed bug with AO shader under layer shader not correctly rendering
  • Fixed mapping of earth, venus, metal, rust and marble Cinema 4D surface shaders
  • Fixed UHD cache tab not showing in correct situations
  • Fixed alpha mode values being swapped in advanced material settings
  • Fixed bug with ColorMix shader not updated in IR
  • Fixed ray switch material not updating on change of sub-material in IR
  • Improved Team Render console logging allowing us to better analyse of possible bugs
  • Removed error message when animation was rendered in IR without saving enabled in render settings
  • IR stops when VFB is closed now

2018-01-23, 20:22:12
Reply #69

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Nikola, I will give it a go.

Can I suggest a new locked thread for new Beta releases?  They can easily get buried in this thread and are not very obvious when they are released.

Thanks,

-Shane

2018-01-23, 20:42:02
Reply #70

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There is one already for that purpose already :) https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15602.0

(EDIT - just updated it as the latest release wasn't in there just yet)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-01-23, 20:45:15
Reply #71

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-01-24, 18:10:29
Reply #72

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Just wondering what the "external" shader is...?
Bengamin Jerrems l chaos-corona.com
3D Support Specialist - Corona l contact us
Corona Uploader l Upload
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-01-24, 21:40:59
Reply #73

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
^ external: originating from an outside source, a 3rd party shader, a 'plugin shader' ;)
for example: Enhance:C4D Shaders from biomekk
« Last Edit: 2018-01-25, 00:51:07 by burnin »

2018-01-24, 22:59:13
Reply #74

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
^ external: originating from an outside source, a 3rd party shader, a 'plugin shader' ;)
for example: Enhance:C4D Shaders from biomekk
Ah ha, thanks man, I appreciate the info.
Corona Uploader l Upload
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-01-25, 20:53:41
Reply #75

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
RC3, IR not updating of displacement max level values...!

« Last Edit: 2018-01-25, 21:24:00 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-26, 11:08:43
Reply #76

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Resume file from CXR file don't work?

2018-01-26, 11:31:21
Reply #77

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

Yes, this is a known limitation. Displacement in IR would take too much processing time and IR would not be interactive anymore.

2018-01-26, 12:50:40
Reply #78

Gruender

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yes, this is a known limitation. Displacement in IR would take too much processing time and IR would not be interactive anymore.

Does it mean there won't be an option for interactive displacement setup?

2018-01-26, 13:24:51
Reply #79

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Does it mean there won't be an option for interactive displacement setup?

That's hard to tell right now. We might add it in the future, if it is requested.

2018-01-26, 14:54:25
Reply #80

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb

Where is it... its not in corona shaders...?

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-26, 15:13:34
Reply #81

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
It's not a shader but a support checkbox in the first tab of coronas render settings.

2018-01-26, 16:12:54
Reply #82

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Thanks.

Material Override also does not work with IR.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-26, 21:43:55
Reply #83

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
team render loads the scene into the node but remains at 0/0 passes. does it happen to you too?
Beta 1 RC3

2018-01-27, 06:00:29
Reply #84

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
If output size is changed... IR does not update that.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-27, 12:48:51
Reply #85

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
wow.... something weird when moving texture....!
object showing strange in IR.
stop IR and start again then shows fine.

see before and after.

edited:
it happens with MoExtrude selection tag.
with stat to object IR works fine.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-27, 14:09:14 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-27, 12:52:43
Reply #86

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile

see before and after.

I'd love to see that happen with my money!

2018-01-28, 07:49:24
Reply #87

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
+1 :)

see before and after.

I'd love to see that happen with my money!
Corona Uploader l Upload
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-01-28, 12:27:17
Reply #88

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
In some displacement setting.... somehow c4d quits.

Try a scene... and this object is getting out of focus, its uv mapped and texture placed, any idea why its not focused...?
I tried new camera but nothing.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-28, 18:41:45
Reply #89

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In some displacement setting.... somehow c4d quits.

Try a scene... and this object is getting out of focus, its uv mapped and texture placed, any idea why its not focused...?
I tried new camera but nothing.

Ok, so where's the scene, if i may...;)
... or post the file, link to it & if not allowed, simply write down specifications of the displacement texture in question...

About that blur... what size is the texture?
Have you checked 'Sampling' & 'Blur' settings on it?

2018-01-28, 19:23:10
Reply #90

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
denoised too much? accidentally set shader blur offset? please more info.

2018-01-29, 03:58:32
Reply #91

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Here is the file.
A small job... tried to finish with corona but stuck in that. no idea where is wrong, placed new camera, new lights but something is wrong.

Thanks. 
« Last Edit: 2018-01-29, 06:01:03 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-29, 04:45:47
Reply #92

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is the file.
A small job... tried to finish with corona but stuck in that. no idea where is wrong, placed new camera, new lights but something is wrong.

Thanks.

It actually renders fine and sharp here. Do you have DOF enabled in your original scene, maybe without specifying a focus object?

2018-01-29, 05:09:10
Reply #93

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
same file I gave... just deleted some object for that... then how its clear there....!
aaahhhhhh... need a deep breath I think.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-29, 05:54:32
Reply #94

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is the file.

Thanks.

IDK... Found nothing out of the ordinary. On win7.
Could be mac?

Moderator edit: removed the image on request from iacdxb
« Last Edit: 2018-01-29, 11:26:06 by houska »

2018-01-29, 05:59:44
Reply #95

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Thanks guys. somehow I finished the job last night... I will try again.

Thanks.

p.s.
@burnin, please remove the attached image. Thanks.

Thanks Moderator.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-29, 11:50:09 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-29, 20:29:51
Reply #96

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

release candidate 4 of Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 is out.

Download link:

Changes:
  • Added a workaround for crash caused by motion blur, so it is disabled when the scene contains a subdivision surface applied to an object hierarchy containing both an object with UVW tag and an animated object
  • Fixed random resetting of post-processing values in IR
  • Fixed Xpresso scripts by re-enabling IR update on null object data changes
  • Fixed the Include/Exclude list functionality in Corona Light
  • Fixed bug in TeamRender where denoising was computed on clients, when it should not be because it is not supported in current implementation
  • Reduced viewport "stuttering" during updating of IR (better fix needs changes in core so it will be done for Beta 2)
  • Material stacking now takes the first material's displacement

2018-01-29, 23:41:05
Reply #97

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks guys. somehow I finished the job last night... I will try again.

Thanks.

p.s.
@burnin, please remove the attached image. Thanks.

Thanks Moderator.

Apology, i was away... thank you houska.

2018-01-30, 01:34:19
Reply #98

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile

2018-02-01, 11:20:28
Reply #99

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
IR still doesn't like Corona lights.

2018-02-01, 14:01:49
Reply #100

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
IR still doesn't like Corona lights.

Could you elaborate please? The last time I asked IR, he told me he's quite fond of Corona lights...

2018-02-01, 21:09:41
Reply #101

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Only bug i could get, is that with IES files & "Keep sharp pattern (fake)" ON also leaves a trace of previous lighting until IPR is restarted or one of visibility options gets checked (on/off) or "Keep sharp" is turned OFF.

IES tested are from the included pack.   

eg

2018-02-05, 10:13:28
Reply #102

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Stacking materials is a huge enhancement for me but preview is bad as possible unfortunately.

For a lot of people, maybe it's a detail but for me, with some customers (exhibition stand), preview is enough.

Keep attention of this detail would be great !

2018-02-05, 12:23:08
Reply #103

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Stacking materials is a huge enhancement for me but preview is bad as possible unfortunately.

For a lot of people, maybe it's a detail but for me, with some customers (exhibition stand), preview is enough.

Keep attention of this detail would be great !

The way I get around that is unchecking the opacity channel during setup.
Corona Uploader l Upload
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-02-05, 14:07:01
Reply #104

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was using only color in the diffuse channel instead of the logo because it's easy to change the color of the logo.

But with Corona, if we want to see the logo in preview, we must use it in diffuse channel and in opacity channel. A little bit different workflow.

2018-02-05, 19:12:40
Reply #105

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Hi,

Doing A small coin job with displacement and bumps have to use. I did some tries but not getting good results of displacement....! If there is any trick to get good result... please let me know...!

I love to use Corona in my jobs.... but afraid a bit from inside may be I will stuck...! Why not make it more powerful with current features instead off adding new features. I am pointing to Displacement material. As I discussed earlier in other posts.... this have to fix and more perfect than others render engines.

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-02-05, 19:47:48
Reply #106

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just out of curiosity - how much does the just release Beta 1 differ from the RC4? Any new fixes?

2018-02-05, 19:58:41
Reply #107

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Doing A small coin job with displacement and bumps have to use. I did some tries but not getting good results of displacement....! If there is any trick to get good result... please let me know..

It would be useful to know what you already got for the job.
You probably tried other settings for Displacement than what's default in the render settings?
You got a proper, custom-made and hi-resolution displacement map that's not a JPG and preferably 16 bit or more?
Is it for an animation or for a still?
And - what's currently wrong you would want to have better?

CU
Michael

2018-02-05, 21:46:41
Reply #108

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Doing A small coin job with displacement and bumps have to use. I did some tries but not getting good results of displacement....! If there is any trick to get good result... please let me know...!

I love to use Corona in my jobs.... but afraid a bit from inside may be I will stuck...! Why not make it more powerful with current features instead off adding new features. I am pointing to Displacement material. As I discussed earlier in other posts.... this have to fix and more perfect than others render engines.

Thanks.
As Cinemike noted above, provide substantial info.
Corona works simple and fine.

ie.
Thrown together from my own scans. All in all 1h (including render time).  Corona4d Beta1.

PS/edit
metal material with pinch of occlusion & only displacement texture on a cylinder geo
« Last Edit: 2018-02-05, 21:51:59 by burnin »

2018-02-05, 22:14:15
Reply #109

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
I recently did a crypto coin using displacement (which i can't share yet) but got great results lowering world size displacement down to .5 along side with a high res texture. Jaggered edges were virtually illuminated.
Corona Uploader l Upload
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-02-06, 04:58:36
Reply #110

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb

You probably tried other settings for Displacement than what's default in the render settings?
You got a proper, custom-made and hi-resolution displacement map that's not a JPG and preferably 16 bit or more?

I used screen size 0.5 with hi-res B&W texture, lines and edges was not smooth. It was still and very closeup camera view.
I saw Corona displacement tutorial... used same technique but I was not getting result which I was needed. If any special setup for that.... please would like to see that.

@burnin: I was also doing bitcoin...!

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-02-06, 05:57:32
Reply #111

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I used screen size 0.5 with hi-res B&W texture, lines and edges was not smooth. It was still and very closeup camera view.
I saw Corona displacement tutorial... used same technique but I was not getting result which I was needed. If any special setup for that.... please would like to see that.

@burnin: I was also doing bitcoin...!

Thanks.

Sorry if I repeat myself, but most problems I have seen with displacement come from the used maps.
Your displacement map is not a JPG or something lossy, it's a TIFF or something else in a lossless format with 8 bits per channel (or better 16 or even 32)?
And the resolution was big enough to give enough information to the rendered parts of the image with your chosen render resolution? So, if you use your displacement map in the Diffuse channel everything looks smooth in the rendering (with no sampling for the texture in Diffuse to get the real deal)?

Sometimes a little smoothing (blurring) of the texture helps, but only if it is hires enough and you might lose details nevertheless, of course,

2018-02-06, 06:23:16
Reply #112

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I might add that using Displacement on Polygon selection might lead to unwanted tearing off said selections from the rest of the model.

2018-02-06, 10:09:10
Reply #113

Mor4us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAD Imagery
Great job and congrats to all of you developers!

Just noticed you released the Beta 1 officially yesterday.
Is the Beta 1 based on the B1-RC4 or are there any further bugfixes included?
I wasn't able to find a full changelog of the B1 since RC4 was released.

best regards!

2018-02-06, 10:14:20
Reply #114

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Just out of curiosity - how much does the just release Beta 1 differ from the RC4? Any new fixes?

It doesn't differ much, there are just two simple fixes for crashes that we discovered just recently...

2018-02-06, 10:22:11
Reply #115

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2018-02-06, 10:25:11
Reply #116

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Jaggered edges were virtually illuminated.

Illuminati! New World Order confirmed!

Haha oops, I'll blame autocorrect. :)
Corona Uploader l Upload
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-02-06, 10:42:20
Reply #117

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb

Just noticed you released the Beta 1 officially yesterday.

That's nice but I did find that download link....!

Thanks.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-02-06, 10:57:37
Reply #118

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2018-02-06, 11:12:43
Reply #119

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Thanks Houska, I thought its old beta1 and did not found any date.

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-02-06, 13:11:01
Reply #120

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I am locking this thread because Beta 1 was released as stable (https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-for-cinema-4d-beta-1-released/). The Beta 2 daily build thread will be created in
Daily builds board when the first daily build is released.

Nikola