Some of the highlights:
- GPU Denoising gives near instant denoising when using IR (and can be also used for non-interactive rendering).
- CoronaMultiMap and CoronaUvwRandomizer feature a new randomization by Mesh Element mode.
- Improved IR performance keeps everything smooth and snappy.
- Displacement improvements allow you to use lower Displacement settings with the same image quality, lowering memory usage by up to 50%.
- Various memory optimizations let you save up to 2.5 GB for an 8K render (or more for larger resolutions).
- A focus on fixing bugs.
Read full details about all the above, plus everything else there isn't space to mention, over in the blog post.
For those of you who have tried Corona before and your 45-day trial expired, we've automatically refreshed the demo period to give everyone an extra 14 days so you can try out all the new features! Simply download and install Corona Renderer 3, and you can activate the refreshed demo period right from within 3ds Max. Enjoy!