This release optimizes memory usage and adds many useful workflow tools.
Some of the highlights:
- New 2.5D displacement saves significant memory and reduces parsing times
- Caustics are faster and need less memory, and respect include/exclude lists for Corona Lights
- New Corona Sky object allows multiple environments for LightMix (and Physical, Solid Color, HDRI, or any Shader as an environment)
- Greatly improved handling of Corona Proxies (which now include animation)
- New Select Material and Shader for self-contained "mini-library" that an object takes with it
- New Multi Shader to allow randomizing of colors or textures between objects or sub-objects
- Compatibility with the native Cinema 4D Background object
- New Shadowcatcher Illuminator option for Corona Lights
- And more!
Read full details about all the above, plus everything else there isn't space to mention, over in the blog post.
For those of you who have tried Corona before and your 45-day trial expired, we've automatically refreshed the demo period to give everyone an extra 14 days so you can try out all the new features! Simply download and install Corona Renderer 5, and you can activate the refreshed demo period right from within Cinema 4D. Enjoy!